Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Issues after changing clutch

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  dtuyen 
#1 ·
Alright so I have a 1997 subaru GC8 wrx with the sti transmission. I just recently changed the clutch, fly wheel and everything else down there with OEM parts. I made sure everything was torqued and that that the clutch was in the right way and now that it’s all put together it will not go into gear when the car is running (it doesn’t grind when I try to put it in gear, it just will not go into any gears), when it’s off it goes into all gears just fine. I’ve changed the clutch slave cylinder and the master cylinder is still good. I just can’t understand why it won’t go into gear, because before I changed the clutch it would go into gear just fine.

Before everyone says bleed it and all that, I’ve spent hours bleeding it and it hasn’t helped I also tried shortening/ making the master cylinder rod longer and that didn’t help either.

At this point anything helps, thanks.

#9 ·
So what clutch kit was used since you haven't answered that question yet? You only mentioned it was OEM but push and pull clutches are different. They still bolt up but they don't operate the same and the pressure plates are different. Just trying to eliminate the possibility that you mixed and matched wrong parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.