Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Cpt. Pontiac
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so Everybody ask me the same question every time they see my user name so I thought I would make a members journal to explain somethings. So, ok, yes I don't own a Subaru, and yes I know this is a Subaru forum. The Pontiac forums suck really bad, because almost all of there conversations go something like this "hey, does our cars still suck. . . .yes. . . DAMN IT why did I buy this POS" or they rice the hell out of their GP's and I'm not about to do that.

I had all intentions of buying an Impreza, I love them, I have pictures all over my room of them, when I see a beat to **** L I say to myself "that lucky bastard", I even cuddle up at night to a die cast model of Pete Solberg's rally car, jk. But my old Van was dying and the inside of it started to smell like nasty dog breath, don't ask. Imprezas are pretty rare around me so finding a good condition one at a fair price was almost impossible. I test drove a few brand new Imprezas at the dealership but just didn't have the money to buy a new car. So my uncle the car salesmen came across a really good deal on a 05 Grand Prix for me, so out of desperation, I bought it because at the time it was a good deal.

It was an alright car in the summer time but when I went through my first winter with it that's when I realized that I shoulda bought a Subaru. The car absolutely sucks in the snow, like its so bad I now hate the snow and me and snow we're like BFF. I actually hit a guardrail in my office's parking lot going 7mph, that's right 7mph, and did $2200 worth of damage to the front of my car. The first words out of my mouth was "Man, I shoulda bought a Subaru." The guy who fixed my car said I hit every single expensive panel on my car.

I wanted to add some aftermarket parts to make the car better but to my surprise, their isn't many performance parts for the GP. Really, the only things I've been able to do to my car is paint my calipers red, which looks pretty cool, and a K&N air filter. All the other aftermarket parts are to RICE for me so I passed on them.

So, I decide that I needed to get rid of this POS but thanks to GM failing the resale value of my car tanked so now I owe more than its worth, so I'm stuck with it. But I graduate in May and I hope that I get a good job and can afford either a RS that I can swap or a white 05 STi because those are my favorite Subies.

Heres a picture of my Pontiac

LOL, just kidding. Here's my real car.

Attachments

·
Cpt. Pontiac
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^Yeah, I wish I had waited a little longer the GP is nice but the Impreza is way better. lol

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Man your whole post just cracked me up bro! Nice chop in the first pic lol. I kept looking at the chopped pic while I was reading your first post and was like WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! He really wants a subaru bad!

·
Cpt. Pontiac
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I HATE MY CAR! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, my car is going back to the mechanic for the third time in three months. This is bull shit. Now its misfiring but not enough to throw a CEL but its really killing proformance/fuel economy. And the mechanic told me its only going to get worst. I will never ever ever buy American again. GM has fucked me over so many times with my warranty I'm done with them. They wonder why people won't buy american, its cause your cars suck and you dont hold up to your end of the warranty. General Motors eat a dick!

·
Cpt. Pontiac
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought this as a decal as a goal. A goal of owning a Subaru that I can put this on. A goal to have scuffed knuckles, broken bolts, trips to the auto parts store, autoX, rallying, drag racing, ice racing, snow drifting, and all of them archived with the biggest smile on my face. Because this silly little $5 decal is my goal.

·
Registered
95 **** Piece
6,822 Posts
why don't you scrape together yo pennies and get a project car then keep the silly mobile as a DD?? I used to date a girl whos mom had that same car, and my friends girl has one too. ive driven them both in the snow, and they are no subaru but they are still pretty decent...traction control works reasonably well. i would rather drive that in the snow then my jeep or any other car i have for that matter, excluding my scoooobaru. g/l with gettin a suby some time man.

·
Cpt. Pontiac
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I got some wonderful news today. So, about a week ago I lost my key and key fob to my car. I call up the dealership and to replace the key fob its $130 plus $20 in labor. So, I said fuck that I still have the one key and fob, if I lose that I'll just open the door with the lock. Well, I tested the lock and because its never been lubed its stuck. AWESOME! So, today I go to the lock shop to see what a new key would cost me, just to be safe. Its $37 dollars for the key, but heres the best part. GM in there infinity fucking wisdom designed it so that you have to have two already programed keys for your car to program the new key. Guess what, I only have one. So I have to take it to a dealership to have the new key reprogrammed to my car. And if I lose the one key I am really really fucked a.k.a car gets towed to the dealership. So its going to cost me over $250 just to get a new key and key fob. FML!

I am officially done with this car. I now work two jobs, so I am going to save up for six months and get rid of this car and buy a damn Subaru.

GM. . . eat a bag of dicks.

·
Registered
2001 RS 2.5, World Rally Blue
173 Posts
Since I first joined this website this was one of the first journals I have seen... Always found it very... comical. NOW FINALLY I see you being 99.99% fed up with the pontiac!! KUDOS

Haha well I can not wait to see you with a subie in 6 months and finally be in divine happiness ;D

Should have never bought a damn American car in the first place unless its pre 1970.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts