Registered
2000 2.5RS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Product: ISC Wheels adapters 5x100 to 5x114

Style Reviewed: Black adapters; 15MM

Vehicle used for review: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs coupe

Wheels used for review: 2005 STI Gold BBS 17x8 et 53 with 225/45r17

Initial Impression: The machined anodize are most certainly of great quality, definitely impressed! Having them hubcentric is also an added piece of mind. Sit perfectly on the hub.

Overall Impression: Extremely satisfied with them, zero wheel vibration!

Notes:
For GC8 owners; you will need to cut about 5mm off your studs to clear the BBS, unfortunately the pockets behind the wheels were not deep enough. Nothing a Dremel couldn't handle.

Here they compliment the ISC coilovers

FAQ:
Q: Did you have to cut your studs?
A: Yes, I used a dremel with a wheel cut-off. You will need a couple of those disks.

Q: Will this put added wear on your hubs?
A: Yes, and so does the way you drive your car but that doesn't stop you from driving it like you're trying to impress your prom date. If you're too worries about it, park it, cover it, and throw the keys into a field.

Q: What other things will I need?
A: Anti-seize. Lock tight. Torque wrench. Impact drill (optional) and 6-12 cold ones; get some IPA's not that crap your little sister drank in Middle School.

Q: Bro, why are you so stacked? You lift?
A: Yes I do; I can bench two plates at 15 sets. Thanks for noticing.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have anymore pics? kinda looks like the rear is pushed out a litle to far?
Not at all. In fact, if I had stayed with the 215 tires instead of the 225s I wouldn't be rubbing. Previous owner looks to have rolled the rears but not pulled. I'd imagine that if I pull them at least a few CM I'd be OK

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Sedan
92 Posts
What suspension are you running? I bought the same wheels and adapters and I'm looking at running 235 tires. I'm trying to figure out how much rub I can expect before rolling my fenders.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What suspension are you running? I bought the same wheels and adapters and I'm looking at running 235 tires. I'm trying to figure out how much rub I can expect before rolling my fenders.
I am running ISC N1 coilvovers - I am rubbing a bit when cornering really hard in the rears or going over steep driveways. If you can, I would stay on 225's.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Sedan
92 Posts
You look like you're a bit lower than I am, I'm on AGXs with H&R Sport springs. I would prefer 225 but I might have a smoking deal on some 235's. If I have to roll them for 225's anyways, I figure I might as well get some more meat on the wheels.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You look like you're a bit lower than I am, I'm on AGXs with H&R Sport springs. I would prefer 225 but I might have a smoking deal on some 235's. If I have to roll them for 225's anyways, I figure I might as well get some more meat on the wheels.
Hmmm... you might be OK then, but only one way to find out -- YOLO... GL! Post some pics when you're done :)

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Sedan
92 Posts
Welp I just picked up a set of Dunlop Sport SP01 235/45/17 for crazy cheap so we'll see how they fit!

I need to get the car aligned first and give it some negative camber and then I'll throw on the wheels.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Sedan
92 Posts
235/45 Tires

So here is how the 235 tires look with the ISC 15mm adapters, these adapters kick ass!

I finally got my rear fenders rolled and that took care of almost all of the rubbing in the back, the fronts never rub. I still catch where the bumper meets the quarter panel over some of the bigger bumps and when taking a hard corner, a little negative camber and it would be perfect. Overall i'm really happy with how they turned out but for anyone else looking to avoid the rubbing I would suggest opting for the 225 series tire.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So here is how the 235 tires look with the ISC 15mm adapters, these adapters kick ass!

I finally got my rear fenders rolled and that took care of almost all of the rubbing in the back, the fronts never rub. I still catch where the bumper meets the quarter panel over some of the bigger bumps and when taking a hard corner, a little negative camber and it would be perfect. Overall i'm really happy with how they turned out but for anyone else looking to avoid the rubbing I would suggest opting for the 225 series tire.
:clap:
That looks absolutely clean, man! And I agree to stick with the 225 and avoid the rubs, somewhat; I still get them in the rear - so I might raise it a little.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts