Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1999 2.5RS Silver
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I haven't read the entire "What exhaust should I get" thread. Shame on me, I'm a bad person :)

Hey all, I have a 99 RS with a pretty good leak at what I think is called the Resonator. A weld job might fix it but I don't really know much about much :)

Anyway, locally on Craigslist someone is selling his 02 WRX catback exhaust for $30.

Is this a good deal?
Will it fit? How much $$ should I expect for custom fitting?
Is there any reason for me to do this over keeping my current exhaust?
Should I expect CEL trouble if I do it?

Thanks a ton!

· The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
10,862 Posts
No, I haven't read the entire "What exhaust should I get" thread...
I am sure I speak for 90% of the forum members here. EVERY single day another useless thread is started with this same question/topic. This forum has taken the time to 'sticky' a thread that is dedicated to answering this very question (and others). If you are too lazy to read the thread, don't be surprised if people are too lazy to respond! :bonk:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52687

· Registered
1999 2.5RS Silver
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I know. Can I give excuses though? :)
1. I'm at work and can't listen to anything.
2. Reading through 11 pages is a lot.
3. Rule # 4 of that thread says "No comments/replies ONLY Videos" so I'm not sure it would answer my question. Maybe it would though.

More than anything I'm wondering if it will fit (have that answer now) and is it smart or stupid to do this...

I'll do some searching and reading

I do appreciate all the replies too, saved me a ton of time!
I am sure I speak for 90% of the forum members here. EVERY single day another useless thread is started with this same question/topic. This forum has taken the time to 'sticky' a thread that is dedicated to answering this very question (and others). If you are too lazy to read the thread, don't be surprised if people are too lazy to respond! :bonk:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52687

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.