Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 RS BRP
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to change a 02RS so that it didn't have the round headlights and us a 98 - 01 RS hood? If it is possible besides headlights, hood, front side panels, and new front bumper, what else am I looking at?

I really like the look of the 98-01 and 04+ fronts better than the bugeyes. It seems alot of those little options for the front end work better with everything but the bugeye.

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
Sure...but how deep are your pockets?? The frame mounting points are totally different, not to mention the overall dimension differences. You'd be looking at a lot of custom bodywork.

·
Registered
JDM Moneypit
594 Posts
Has anyone ever done a photoshop to see what this might look like? It just kind of seems a little weird with two different types of styling.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
It would be much easier to swap to a 04+ WRX front end, as the mounting points should all be the same. Putting a 99-01 front end would be very difficult, though.

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
Dusty9197 said:
Has anyone ever done a photoshop to see what this might look like? It just kind of seems a little weird with two different types of styling.
Yes...on here there is a thread about it.

·
OGtripleOG
2007 TREK Team Discovery
3,704 Posts
the 04 headlights and hood,fenders and bumper will bolt right up......98-01 rs though is another story.

·
Registered
2002 RS BRP
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was mostly looking to do the hood from the 99-01, but to do that I know I would have to do the whole front. What about if I was just to shape the 99-01 hood to the lights on my 02? would that work? Mostly just playing with some ideas right now.

You guys say the mounting points are different. I have the service manual for my 02, anybody got those pages for the 99-01? The over all demension for WB is the same but the overall length and width of the 02 is 1" larger than the 99-01. Not sure where they take these measurments.

·
Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,165 Posts
Ive got a picture on my computer of a buddy of mine, his project is putting a 06 STi front end on a 99RS it looks sweet, but im not sure if he wanted me to post pics, ill ask and see what he says he wanted to keep it on the dl, but its been a while since ive talked to him, so im not sure if hes got it running yet. looks very interesting.

·
Registered
'99 2.5 RS Rally Blue Pearl
937 Posts
^^ boo, dont corrupt the rs beauty by giving it a pig-nose!!

actually i want to see it, i hope your friend will let you post pics :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts