Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this car a couple weeks ago and I am going to pick it up tomorrow. It is extemly clean inside and out. The only flaw, an automatic transmission. Here is what the add lists. PRICE:$9500

Impreza GM2 (Impreza Coupe) with a JDM EJ20G turbo WRX Swap and I aslo swapped in 2004 WRX Suspension, brakes and exhaust. Just installed brand new Raceland coilovers and new wheels and tires, so this thing looks and drives SICK!

This is the JDM EJ20G with an automatic, VERY RARE! This is the fastest automatic car I have ever driven.

The 16g turbo spools FAST and sounds amazing

Harness and A/C Converted to left hand drive--is a very special car.The engine was imported with low mileage and then professionally rebuilt.

Goodies:
Adult owned
JDM EJ20G W/ JDM turbo (spools up way faster and pulls longer than USDM turbos)
JDM automatic transmission
JDM STI rear lips
JDM scoop hood
New Paint
JDM STI front bumper
JDM grill and badge
JDM fog lights
JDM STI rear wing
2004 WRX brakes (all the way around)
2004 WRX suspension
Raceland coilovers
New 5 spoke wheels
New tires
Full JDM A/C swap, (most people just eliminate the A/C when they do this swap, I spent the money to have adaptors made and it works awesome)
Wiring harness was professionally built to merge the USDM car with the JDM harness.
I also gutted the whole interior , clead it thoroughly and put it all back. It looks amazing.
Fresh paint, done professionally. No Macco or rattle cans.

Clean Title

Again, is it worth it? I have limmited knowledge of subaurs. It has 90k on the motor and body, motor has 400 miles on fresh rebuild. It is $9500.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
rebuily by whom? who did the wiring? I wouldnt trust a 400 mile rebuild unless I knew the person who did it personally. Automatic makes it...idk, undesirable to most, at best. Wheels in listing don't match pics (not 5 spoke), the rest of the 'mods' are nothing special imho

to me? it's $3000 overpriced. But to someone else, it may be worth the asking price. When you're buying a modded car, it's far harder to determine actual "value", and really comes down to more than 4 pictures and a paragraph will tell you

·
Premium Member
2004 WRB WRX Wagon
514 Posts
In my personal opinion, when someone is trying to over sell a car. I.E. Listing everything as "JDM" when every single body panel could be removed from a 00 RS. Might be something to watch out for. As for "jdm turbo" without a actual model # there is not proof as to what it does versus any USDM turbo.

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
In my personal opinion, when someone is trying to over sell a car. I.E. Listing everything as "JDM" when every single body panel could be removed from a 00 RS. Might be something to watch out for. As for "jdm turbo" without a actual model # there is not proof as to what it does versus any USDM turbo.
I'd disagree there

the hood, spats, front bumper, are all JDM parts not found on the USDM cars. The spoiler you're right, our USDM RS coupes had em

·
Premium Member
2004 WRB WRX Wagon
514 Posts
OK, after looking at my 01 USDM RS the bumper is a little different. Hood appears the same though, just different style vents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts