Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 rs and i was looking at auto trader and found some newer rs's. I dont want to have a maf. Should i see i can sell my car for a riduculous amount and get a newer rs or get like an srt4 or some other car maybe a wrx.

I think that the best thing to do would be hang on to what i have but just asking you guys for opinions?...

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
Why don't you want to have a MAF?

If you have the $ to buy a new car go for it.
If you "love old school" keep it , do a swap or add on FI:D

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
If you get a WRX, you will still have a MAF...:p

just work around it... only One mod really messes w/ it and that is an intake... I have been running a homemade Cobb w/ the MAF for almost 2 years and no MAF problems at all. The recall MAF is supposed to be a bit more stout as well...

Don't sell your car b/c of the MAF... In many ways it works much better... Especially at adjusting A/F ratios... It also allows you to use an S'AFC... And the 99 is better suited to boost...;) Plus you get cooler rims and a cheap A/F gauge is actually somewhat accurate...:D

See the 99s aren't so bad...

the only thing we don't get is the LSD...

damn... now I need to sell may car... stupid open diff...

J/K... 99s ROXOR!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks guys for the inputs i guess the 99s arent so bad, man i am missing the subaru meet in boulder today. I have my prom to attend this sucks. but this is my last year and the cool thing is i am the only kid in high school that has an rs in the springs area. Although this kid just got a 02 wrx recently.

right now i have got my eyes set on an exhaust, headers and high flow cat. But need to get my graduation money first. Does anyone know where i can find a high flow cat that will fit with the brullen dual tip exhaust. Also for the borla headers they will fit any rs right?...

thanks again

-Russ-99rs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts