Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 L WGN, 01 RS COUPE
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im in washington state subarus seem to hold there value here really well and when looking at others same year there going for around 15-16 so it'd be a little over half by the time i was done with clutch and what not

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
hahahaha hey im russian and i think the guy that rebuilt that is russian (its what russians do here in wa, got uncles that do it always get a bashed up car, do the body work and sell it),

get pictures of it before he fixed it. and its gonna be due for timing belt soon make sure you mention that,

if it belonged to a russian kid you should know 90 percent of the time they drive it like they stole it (which explains the bad clutch. with that you gotta be aware that it can break down sooner.

also with a wreck in the back you can expect it to start leaking water when it rains and stuff (not always but not at all unusual)

also if its a russian its a do at home job and it probably costed him around 5-7k total so dont be too scared to low ball.

ask him how long he owned it. if its been less than half a year then he just bought it for cheap from copart or iaai to make money

these are just 2 cents from a russian lol
(*how many times did i say russian in that post?? lol)

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
overall... if you get a great price get it. i bought my wifes subaru impreza (not wrx) 2009 with 23k miles for 10,000 here in vancouver wa last year.

if you are buying from any other nationality disregard my message because everybody does it different. dont get me wrong i love russians because i am one but these are facts (not stereotypes) about about 80% of russian owned cars.

·
yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
6,473 Posts
hahahaha hey im russian and i think the guy that rebuilt that is russian (its what russians do here in wa, got uncles that do it always get a bashed up car, do the body work and sell it),

get pictures of it before he fixed it. and its gonna be due for timing belt soon make sure you mention that,

if it belonged to a russian kid you should know 90 percent of the time they drive it like they stole it (which explains the bad clutch. with that you gotta be aware that it can break down sooner.

also with a wreck in the back you can expect it to start leaking water when it rains and stuff (not always but not at all unusual)

also if its a russian its a do at home job and it probably costed him around 5-7k total so dont be too scared to low ball.

ask him how long he owned it. if its been less than half a year then he just bought it for cheap from copart or iaai to make money

these are just 2 cents from a russian lol
(*how many times did i say russian in that post?? lol)
wow, first time i've ever heard a russian out the russians in general. at least someone is willing to admit it. Silverline does nothing but fix up smashed cars, piece shells together, etc, even though they will flatly deny they do that. ive seen the shells before paint though, and the will take 2 halves of a car and weld them together and sell it as a "clean title" (with vin swaps or any other means)

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
used to do the fake clean title thing then started getting fined. you wont find that anymore. welding 2 cars together is common. its still a good car but not safe.

russians are good people if your russian. the ones that dont speak english could seem rough but overall once you know them they are all great people. Im russian and absolutely proud of it but in my town russians have a great reputation, the ukrainians in the big cities ruin the name for russians.

i just dont agree with lying about cars to make profit. just make sure you grill the owner pretty good about the car thats all i would say.

My biggest advise about any rebuilt title car. dont buy it if you ever plan on selling it. if you are keeping it for a LONG time and dont worry about resale value go for it.

rebuilt title cars values drop incredibly fast so dont even think about getting your money back on it.

We knew we were going to keep my wifes car for a long period of time that is the only reason we went with a rebuilt title.

dont hate russians theyre good people. its better to sell rebuilt cars than drugs hahaha at least its legal

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
you dont understand... in washington and oregon if you go onto craigslist every other car has a rebuilt title. the value of those cars goes down insanely around here. if it were in a different state it would be a different story all together. like i said worth to buy and keep. not worth to try to resell within the next 10 years you wont get any of your money back.

·
yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
6,473 Posts
its better to sell rebuilt cars than drugs hahaha at least its legal
can't disagree with that...

you dont understand... in washington and oregon if you go onto craigslist every other car has a rebuilt title. the value of those cars goes down insanely around here. if it were in a different state it would be a different story all together. like i said worth to buy and keep. not worth to try to resell within the next 10 years you wont get any of your money back.
its because of all the russians! :lol:

·
Registered
96 L WGN, 01 RS COUPE
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol yea I'm very familiar with the russians buying cars around here and fix in sell them to sell. I use to go to towing auctions to buy and sell cars so I'm pretty aware of it.. Its owned by a kid who is in his mid 20s (not russian :) bought it two years ago went to alaska over the summer to work on fishing boat let his gf drive the car and apparently she drove it till from what i was told can barely be driven the clutch is so gone and he got a dui after he got back so he has to sell it and pay his fines and what not while he loses his license

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.