Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Silverthorn Coupe
144 Posts
Do you want a replacment diff or an aftermarket diff? Diffs are pretty expensive items anyway, you probably won't find one under $800.00 unless it is used (I don't know what Subaru is asking, but like all OE componets they are probly substantinally more than what you can get aftermarket.)

Kazz, Cusco, Torsen, and Quaife all make diffs for out cars and their may be more. Torsen and Quaife make gear driven diffs, that use the difference in power utput to each side of the diff for torque distrabution and are very smooth inopperation. Kazz and Cusco make clutch types that are less smooth in operation, but are "rebuildable" to let you choose what kind of "locking" charecteristic you would like to have. Disadvantage of these is that they will eventually wear out and you will have to rebuild them due to the plates wearing (it operates on friction).

cheeRS,

Greg

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nate said:
octagon spares has 00/01 rear LSD's for 400 bucks. theyre a subie junkyard. (717)244-5279
That's a good price considering what Subaru wants for those new! I've been thinking about getting one of these to put in my 99 RS since I could use the update/backdate rule and still be legal in STS with it. :D

Kaboom:
If you are looking for an aftermarket diff, Teague's Auto (http://www.teaguesauto.com) has the Quaiffe ATB ("Torsen-style" diff) for $995 (which from what I've heard is cheaper than the OE diff from Subaru).

·
Registered
subbie
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warp3 said:

That's a good price considering what Subaru wants for those new! I've been thinking about getting one of these to put in my 99 RS since I could use the update/backdate rule and still be legal in STS with it. :D

Kaboom:
If you are looking for an aftermarket diff, Teague's Auto (http://www.teaguesauto.com) has the Quaiffe ATB ("Torsen-style" diff) for $995 (which from what I've heard is cheaper than the OE diff from Subaru).
thanks for the info i might have to do it, subaru is charging 1600 for the diff:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts