Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is mine is missing. I would appreciate an PN if there is one that is supposed to be there. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,733 Posts
If there is mine is missing. I would appreciate an PN if there is one that is supposed to be there. Thanks!!
Pro-tip: Go to parts.subaru.com and enter in your cars info. It'll give you exploded diagrams and part numbers for most parts.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
That piece is what's commonly referred to as the 'wheel well liner'. My SVX came with an 'under tray', I think it's more along the lines of what OP it's looking for.

Actually just found the Impreza one I think:
svx under tray - Google Search
I figured that the forward piece of the wheel well liner was the closest thing we had since it comes all the way forward to the front bumper (but only on the sides).

Great find on that part though. Using the part number from that search result leads me here: UNDER GUARD / subaru | part list|JP-CarParts.com

So I *think* the part number for the under cover itself would be: 56410FA040 or 56410FC060 (Unclear if the latter supersedes the former or if there's something different about them). It looks like we never got that in the US though.

It does look like the 1st gen Forester and 2nd gen Impreza got an engine under cover in the US, so if you really, really want to get something under there but not go with an actual skid plate, it might be worth finding the part numbers for those and seeing if you can modify it to fit. Here's the Forester one: 1998 Subaru Forester 2.5L MANUAL Premium Under cover-front. Guard, body - 56410FC000 - Genuine Subaru Part

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it and thanks for the help. Has anyone had to remove one when they work on the car? Like change the oil? I would have thought someone would have said "yeah there is one and I have to remove it to change the oil" . Just a thought anyway. I will look up the PNs.

I looked at the Primitive racing site and it looks to be a nice part. I was hoping to find an OEM one in a bone yard for cheap. I had not looked at the Primitive site for at least 17years and was surprised it was still there.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
@rokketride: Where did you get that from and how much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?

@subaWRXtasy: I'm like 100% sure Subaru never factory installed that on a USDM Impreza, and 90% sure they never sold it as a dealer add-on or accessory in the US.

·
Registered
00 RS cpe, 01 RS cpe, 05 3.0 R
94 Posts
oil change

I like the concept, but can`t see any access doors to reach the oil filter . My Outback 3.0 has the tray, but includes a swinging door for oil changes. Am I missing that in the photo ?

·
Registered
2000 OBSTi
500 Posts
@rokketride: Where did you get that from and how much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?
I have a few places that I check for import OEM and work the numbers as to who to buy from depending on fluctuating prices, shipping costs and promotions. I've even split orders to play the numbers game.

MegaZip - Genuine OEM Parts From Japan, USA, UAE | Online Store
https://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk
Welcome to the online shop of the genuine car parts pro’s

In my experience its usually cheaper to buy direct from a foreign shop than to pay a local's markup. Its a nice convenience, but if you can find your own part numbers, you can probably work a better deal.

I like the concept, but can`t see any access doors to reach the oil filter . My Outback 3.0 has the tray, but includes a swinging door for oil changes. Am I missing that in the photo ?
No, no access door, but its only held on by 4 easily accessible bolts and 2 clips. Seeing as how the filter and drain are in 2 different places, not too much more hassle to drop the whole thing.

Interesting side note, that is the GD 6-speed tray that interfaced perfectly with the GC engine tray using the OEM fastenings. Even clears the Cusco H-brace with no modification. I did shave a little bit off a lip for the GT-Spec cross brace, it's intended for GD, so I don't fault them. They were nice enough to put in the 2 threaded holes to mount the tray.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the info. It sounds like USDM is a no go. I am not sure we will go to the level of rokketride and bring in JDM parts but if we do I now have the PNs. THX.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts