Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if subiesavers is ever going to restock on quarter panel patch stuff in the US? I see that you can still buy them if you're in europe, but not if you're in the us?? Any european friends wanna help out haha

·
Registered
2000 RSTi - Sedona Red Pearl
798 Posts
Also curious on this. I have been waiting for two years :cry:
At this point I am tempted on buying them from Europe. I sent an email about 6 months ago asking when they would have them in stock and they responded within a few hours and didnt have an ETA. They finally added a "notify me when in stock" button which is nice so I don't have to keep checking the website.

·
Registered
2004 STi/2000 2.5RS rallycross car
10 Posts
I thought that was just a delay that started during COVID, but wow, 2 years though. Hope they haven't completely stepped away from making the replacement panels. I've had a set of inner and outer fenders in my basement for about 2.5 years now, haven't gotten the confidence in welding to try and use them yet. But might need another set if I eventually pick up a coupe as project and being in the Northeast I expect every GC to have fender rot.
I hope someone on the wait list gets some kind of notification soon and can update everyone on here.

·
Registered
2000 RSTi - Sedona Red Pearl
798 Posts
I spoke with Paul a month or so ago, right before that small amount of inventory went online for sale. He said they have been struggling to get the materials in to build. Cost of steel skyrocketed last year and it became increasingly hard to get materials due to shut-downs around the world (yes I know that was two years ago, but shutting world production down for a month impacts/ ripples everything else and takes a LONG time to recover). Luckily this year steel and other precious metals are becoming more available thus driving costs down.

I asked about importing ones from the U.K. to the States and he informed me they Europe side wont do that (not sure why) or else he would have them in stock.

I ended up just buying a rust free L for $3500 rather than going the panel route. Mostly because I dont know how to weld and body shops where quoting me $15k+ to do the rust repair. So I will be redoing the past 10 years worth of work on the RSTi into the new L chassis! 😂 ... :oops:....:cry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if subiesavers is ever going to restock on quarter panel patch stuff in the US? I see that you can still buy them if you're in europe, but not if you're in the us?? Any european friends wanna help out haha
The answer is yes. It showed you could order in Europe but the view on that part of the website is different. US keeps a direct inventory where Europe doesn’t. Nonetheless, as of now we are taking orders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts