Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, is it?

"Most users ever online was 836, 12-07-2007 at 10:29 PM."

I rarely see over 200 on any given day/time. I'm on here almost every day, several times a day, but it doesn't seem as lively as it used to be.

:puppy_dog

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
No...don't pay attention to that number. When the server was updated and came back online that day it wasn't logging users out after 15mins like it was supposed to so it showed a shit ton of users online when they really weren't.

Honestly RS25 has grown over the last few months. When I first joined it was maybe 75-100 users online during the day now then it went down to maybe 50-75 and now there are always over 120+ online at any given time except when I wake up for work at 4am (it is my homepage so I know).

·
Premium Member
95 L-STi
433 Posts
It's the summer...most people don't want to sit inside on the computer all the time...

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
it is still a good site, but the close knit community feel that has been here the last 3 years or so(or since Ive been here) is gone, IMO.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No...don't pay attention to that number. When the server was updated and came back online that day it wasn't logging users out after 15mins like it was supposed to so it showed a shit ton of users online when they really weren't.
Oic.

It's the summer...most people don't want to sit inside on the computer all the time...
Aren't there MORE people on the interwebz (rs25) during the summer than the winter?

you need to calm down supers
I'm not spazzing out or anything :stafiseiz

·
Registered
01 RS w/ 2.1 stroker ej205
2,176 Posts
yeah we dont want to sit inside scrolling through our computers. WE LOVE TO BE OUTSIDE cruising with our subies and have sexy ladies... in our passenger sides! :lol:

:D

·
Premium Member
95 L-STi
433 Posts
well personally speaking I'd rather be out hangin by the pool and chasin the muff then sitting inside on the interwebz 24/7. Plus all the parties / trips / good events happen in the summer.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
I'd rather have 3 wimmenz in bikini's in my subaru than be sitting inside on a computer talking about it.

But that's just me.

/off to work, lol.

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
Summer is no different than the rest of the year for most people. I'm still sitting in my cubicle 7:30am til 4:30pm monday through friday even though it's the end of July.

To answer the op's question - no I don't think rs25.com is dying. I think it is inevitable that the number of users will go down. The site is geared mostly towards the 93-01 Impreza, 98-01 RS especially. Even now, the newest of that generation is already nearing 8 years old.

I can't speak about long term since I've only been here about 3 or so years.

rs25 is still better than nasioc, though. ;)

·
Registered
01 RS w/ 2.1 stroker ej205
2,176 Posts
I'd rather have 3 wimmenz in bikini's in my subaru than be sitting inside on a computer talking about it.

But that's just me.

/off to work, lol.
hopefully none of wifeys or girl friends read this thread... or else... i am sleeping on the couch tonighT!! jk :yapyap:

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
To answer the op's question - no I don't think rs25.com is dying. I think it is inevitable that the number of users will go down. The site is geared mostly towards the 93-01 Impreza, 98-01 RS especially. Even now, the newest of that generation is already nearing 8 years old.

I can't speak about long term since I've only been here about 3 or so years.

rs25 is still better than nasioc, though. ;)

Word. :D

·
Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,043 Posts
it is still a good site, but the close knit community feel that has been here the last 3 years or so(or since Ive been here) is gone, IMO.
i totally agree.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
"if the good die young we'll fucking live forever"

name the song

i wish i was here during the "close-knit" days...but meh...im a big fan of this place as it sits now....

the only thing that rs25 needs is more cowbell....yes sir

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
It was cool back then, but it's still cool now. And yes, much better than NASIOC. :D They've got good tech reference, but the community spirit is sparse. I'd say that started going downhill in 2003, or maybe a bit earlier.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts