Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it's possible to get rid of my quarter inch of throttle slack? Thanks.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
You have slack in your throttle cable?... If you look underneath the drivers kick panel, at the top of the gas pedal, there should be a white bushing around the throttle cable and should be sitting in the slit in the metal. Is that bushing in the slot and is the cable tight?

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Maybe I worded this wrong, but it can probably be more described as pedal slack. The pedal moves about a quarter inch down before it catches.

·
Registered
2001 STM RS coupe
3,229 Posts
Word I fixed this on my car. There's a bracket near the tb that the throttle cables bolt do. you just loosen both of the nuts and you can slide it and tighten it down. I think it tightens the cable when you pull it away from the tb. Don't tighten the cable too much or it'll start to open and give you a faster idle. It feels so much better without slack its so responsive.

·
Registered
2001 STM RS coupe
3,229 Posts
Yeah they're right, pull it away from the tb, makes sense when I think about it. I was :hydrogen: when I wrote that lol so yeah.. I'll go change that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts