Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seemed like they wouldn't interchange when assembling so I thought it was good to go. Now that I am installing the knuckles on the car / cv , the hub won't turn after tightening the axle nut. Its like the inner shoulder of the cv is pushing on the inner seal..... help? :bonk:

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, apparently I had the seals installed correctly. The cv wasn't hitting the seal, it was just the inner race of the bearing slightly scarred preventing it from going in. After easily installing the right rear side I realized it wasn't a seal issue. After a little more tapping, the left rear slid in ok. So the problem with it not turning isn't being caused by the seal but by the tightening. I used an impact but barely tightened it. I know its not a beast impact and I did it with the previous awd install (with the same cv's and knuckles) but I'll try using the torque wrench in the morning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.