Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me? I haven't been able to get to the i-club site in weeks. It always displays the "page cannot be displayed" error.

Actually, I made it to the home page about 2 or 3 days ago, but all of the links to the site (forum, gallery, store etc etc) gave me the error so I gave up.

·
Registered
169 Posts
couldn't happen to a better group of people.

I've gotten on every day for the past month, with an occasional blip where they were off. But the traffic at certain times of day is impossible to get through.

Maybe just try other times. Sounds too simple, but it might work??

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
just got this:

Internet Explorer returns an error on the address you just entered or clicked

This could be caused by:
The Web site you are looking for may be temporarily unavailable.

Your Web connection was temporarily slow because of the traffic.

You may have entered the address incorrectly.

The site may no longer exist.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I still can't get there and like I said, it's been weeks and weeks since I've been able to.

It doesn't matter what time of day or night it is either.

Maybe I'll install Netscape and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
169 Posts
you must have a problem with your system or server.

I've been able to get on multiple times every day with no break. sometimes slow, but always got through.

Ron

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just logged in not more than a minute ago. just to be sure, make sure you are using "www.i-club.com" .

I'm not trying to insult you, but it's happened to me before that something changed in my protocol and I had to input it again and resave it into my favorites.

Good Luck, Ron

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Ever since this thread started, I've had problems.

Nasty B said
They've been having DNS problems the past week or so. Nick is working on it
I'd have to say that sounds right to me. I get messages in my mailbox from them, but then can't access the forums, only the front page. Then I retry in a few minutes, and I get right in. Sometimes when I go to the home page, I get yahoo's search page (my default). Sometimes I just get the "Page not found" yadda yadda. I'd say it's all screwed up. Hit or miss on getting in.

js

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Asp
152 Posts
if they had dns problems and you broswed the site and it didn't work you probably need to clear out your internet cache.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
rpone-
Never thought about that. good call.

Now can you tell me why the movie "Office Space", on my hard drive, tried emailing itself to you, and others? My system is whacked.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
For the life of me, I can't find the reset cache button in IE. I know I've done it before, how did I do it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Go to tools, then the tab 'internet options.'

There should be a section saying 'temporary internet files.' Press the button that says 'delete files'.

It didn't do anything for me. i-club is still not accessable, but it does clear up a lot of space on the hard drive if you have alloted huge cache.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Yeah, I did that. I forgot that they no longer use the word "cache", as Microsoft increasingly attepts to make my computer as easy to use as a toaster oven. Pretty soon, it's going to be so simple, most users won't be able to do anything. Fuck you, Bill Gates, it's not a toaster oven! It's a computer, it should be more complicated.

As far as I club, I think they've still got to be having problems. I can attempt to get in four times in a row with nothing. Then walk away, come back in 45 minutes, and get right in. I'm doing nothing different, so I assume it is not a problem on my end. For whoever said they haven't had a problem, how ofter are you getting on? I''ve been on quite a bit more than normal lately.

Really sucks when you go to update a post, and type for 5 minutes, hit submit, and it can't find the site again, and you lose what you just typed.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just tried them, at 3:48 in the afternoon east coast time, and I got on immediately. I go on line with i-club every day at different times and multiple times each day and haven't had a problem in weeks.

I really prefer rs25.com, but still check i-club.

Ron

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
OK, deleted all cookies, history, and any temporary internet files. Still get the page down bullshit every now and then. What else can I do?

js

·
Registered
169 Posts
Maybe you've got a network or server problem. It's 741 AM east coast time, I just got right in on the third different computer.

Something is really weird. Is there a geographical similarity? I haven't looked at the locations where each of the problems is, possibly a connection there?

Ron

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Just got in fine, but last night had troubles. I'm sure I will again sometime today. This is the only site I have a problem with.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts