Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, its been a while since I've been on here since I have been in college. A while back I had my ej251 in my 1999 2.5 RS snap the timing belt on the freeway. Upon borescope inspection, I found a lot of damage on the pistons and valves, lots of contact. On top of this damage, I found 2 cylinders with severe pitting. I have been researching the EJ251 to JDM EJ201 swap and the idea is alluring especially since its a low time motor for $650 delivered in California. I need my car working again fairly soon, so will this be a good option for me? What I have learned about this swap is to change all sensors and intake to USDM, and to swap the drivers side cam. However, I haven't found positive information regarding the EGR for California cars and the PCV valve location/relocation. I am unsure if the EGR Is bolt on or must be drilled and tapped. The PCV is confusing, it sounds like the PCV is not located on the block on the JDM and I do not know how this will be solved without modification. Can anyone post photos or shed some light on a California car JDM 201 swap.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS+T 2001 Legacy GT
1,239 Posts
Find a local EJ251 to avoid a head ache and to get your car back on the road asap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts