Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Outback, EJ253
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at a lot of old threads on these on other forums, but would like to know if anyone uses them here? Thoughts, on stock struts and aftermarket?

Also another question of bounce on lowering springs, wouldn't new struts fix that problem?

·
Don't go changin
00' RS
7,795 Posts
New struts would fix the problem until they blew again. If you can find some struts that are made for being that low then it would work. But those springs SLAM the car. This slut I once new had em on her RS coupe with stock struts and 17s with 40 series tires and they would rub when going over bumps or with one or more people in the back.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm actually dropping a 2001 Subaru Outback wagon, it rides to high and doesn't seem that stable at high speeds, I'm going to be using them with Koni Struts and shocks. I was told that it should drop the ride height around 1.5 inches all around.

·
Don't go changin
00' RS
7,795 Posts
gryffinwings said:
I'm actually dropping a 2001 Subaru Outback wagon, it rides to high and doesn't seem that stable at high speeds, I'm going to be using them with Koni Struts and shocks. I was told that it should drop the ride height around 1.5 inches all around.
Koni struts and shocks?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On my 01 Subaru Outback, the front uses Struts and the Rear uses shocks, there is a difference between the two.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i can't believe that none of you fuckers that posted in here, that know i have the intrax mentioned me and or posted some pics...:) asshats.

gryffin, i've got agx and intrax on my 98L wagon. looks like so..

also, new struts will not fix the bounce. mine dont bounce unless i'm hobbling over speed bumps. i've got my AGX's at 2f/5r and it's stable as shit.

·
Registered
2001 RS
106 Posts
I have Intrax with gr2's and i don't get crazy bounce. I actually think the ride quality is way better than stock. I love the way my car handles. I've had this setup for over two years and have no problems. the drop is 2 inches all around but i love how it looks too.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the replies, I feel a lot better about getting this setup, maybe the newer springs are a lot better.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
George of the Jungle said:
i can't believe that none of you fuckers that posted in here, that know i have the intrax mentioned me and or posted some pics...:) asshats.

gryffin, i've got agx and intrax on my 98L wagon. looks like so..

also, new struts will not fix the bounce. mine dont bounce unless i'm hobbling over speed bumps. i've got my AGX's at 2f/5r and it's stable as shit.
What size rims and tires are those?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts