Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,359 Posts
I just went through pretty much the same process. I didn't have tons of cash, and did find some WRX's in my price range, but usually, just as the one you listed here, uber high miles. I got an '02 RS instead, decided to forgo the possibility that a WRX had been ragged to hell and back. Now I can take my time finding a swap and fixing stuff that I want to fix, not inheriting someone else's issues.

GL on your search, remain vigilant... Our cars are pretty rare and sought after so if they get posted, they usually don't last very long. I've also found that grass roots on foot looking is best for this reason. Sometimes, they don't even get listed before someone it buying them. IN fact, the one I bought got listed the day after we looked at it at the dealer.

·
Hoopty King
2000 BRP 2.5RS/1994 Legacy SS
876 Posts
Finding my car for a price I could afford was pure luck. I actually talked to the guy selling it (mechanic at a dealership) before he even officially put it up for sale. While I was looking at it (and before I actually bought it,) he sold a bike, and decided he didn't need to sell the car, but then found he needed more money than he actually got off the bike, and wanted to sell the car again.
Of course, after I agreed to buy it, and before I could pick it up, endless droves of people came by asking about it while it was sitting on the lot. Like I said, pure luck of timing.

·
Registered
95 L...
258 Posts
Yeah i got lucky with my car. Got it from a local major dealer. I think the KBB on my car was about 4k+ or just over 5k.

The car started at 5400+ from the dealer, then they lowered it to 4300. I think they just wanted to get the thing outa there because they gave it to me for 2910. It was 3200 Tax and tags. Car fucking runs like its brand new with 133K on it.

YES!!!

·
Premium Member
2000 Impreza 2.5rs stm
259 Posts
Craigslist hooked it up for me. I spent months on it, searching for a car. I had basically given up on a impreza's until one day I found a listing only an hour old...jumped on that real quick

·
Registered
V4 Sti BRP, 98LGT SP, 94SVX PW
730 Posts
My first RS was a PITA.
Though this was before Scooby's became the new Civic. I e-mailed every Subaru dealership in the nation (yes ALL OF THEM). Guess looking for a specific color didn't help.
The second I paid a bit much for but
he was having a kid and it was only an hour away so I was like , OK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts