Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS coupe (9/01-1/04)
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm trying to get Rota to produce some 16x7.5" Attacks, probably 48 offset. Suby_Dude (www.subydude.com)said he'll need to place an order for 200 wheels for this to happen. That's 50 sets of 4. So far, I've made a list of about 6 or 7 people from the i-club, including myself.

If I'm not mistaken, 16x7.5" would be the widest allowed for certain classes in autocrossing. If anyone has suggestions for different specs (8" wide allowed for AutoX? 45 offset?), please speak up.

I know that there are 50 people out there who could use lightweight (and wider than stock, and also pretty affordable) wheels for Subaru, we just need to get the word out to the right people. Come on guys, let's make this happen!!

-scott-

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
I've also been looking into the nicely priced Rotas. Personally, I'd want the Subzeros, but I don't know if they come in 16". Do you know if the Attack wheels will be available in 16X7? I want to stay in that size. What colors will be available? Thanks.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have some interest in this. I am thinking of racing on Hoosier 215/40-16 tires, and Hoosier strongly recommends against running them on 7 inch rims due to the extremely short sidewall. The recommended width is 7.5

Let me know.

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS coupe (9/01-1/04)
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've posted on i-club, and got a few responses. Maybe in a month or so something might work out.

I'm not quite sure if these wheels would clear STi brakes though, I don't think Rota even makes a 16" set of Attacks right now, that's the main setback.

Also, those who would want 15's (probably better for autoX), let me know, that would probably be easier to do since Rota already makes 15" Attacks.

Tentative list for 16x7.5" Attacks: (* denotes those who would want 15's if possible)

01. me (scotty305) * 15x7.5" TE37 replica if possible
02. Austin (i-club)* 15"
03. Fat Ugly Soccer Mom (i-club)
04. dwx (i-club) (must clear 4-pot brakes)
05. Leonardo (i-club) (depending on STi brake fitment)
06. mturmel (i-club) (asked about STi brake fitment)
07. Templar (rs25.com) (pending STi or Wildwood clearance)
08. RodsNCones (i-club)
09. Brack (i-club)
10. Red Rocket (i-club) 16x8"
11. dbrier (i-club)
12. omahasubaru (i-club) 4-pot brake clearance
13. RaceCarRiot* (i-club) 15x7, 4-pot brake clearance, TE37 replica
14. elgorey (i-club) 16x8" or 17x8"
15. Warp3* (i-club) 15x7, 4-pot clearance
16. Mikanical (i-lcub)

·
Registered
796 Posts
I will stipulate that I would prefer them to have the same brake clearance as stockers. I do plan on upgrading to willwoods and WRX rotors at some point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts