Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 AW GM6
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone use a differant intake manifold on thier set up? mainly an 05 plus... im looking into using a 05 2.5i mani on my 02 wrx motor... just wanna know what mods need to be made, what a good tb to use would be and what not.... thanks ahead for any help!!:clap:

·
Registered
2001 Silver RS-T
482 Posts
Just stick with what you've got unless your wanting to spend a lot of money,do some fab work and make big power. The 05 uses a dbw tb so you will either need to convert to that or find a cable one to work. ZZYZX's car uses this tb and IIRC he used a 75mm ford tb.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
^^^^because it's impossible to add a cable bracket to the DBW manifold? Talk about weaksauce.....

Once you put the manifold next to the one you have...it becomes obvious what changes need to happen to make it work....it's nothing major.

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
This is purely off the top of my head, so someone can verify, but I thought they were differently shaped to make room for the WRX intercooler? I feel like the throttle body will be to close to the firewall to have the IC fit, but I'm really unsure.

·
Registered
2000 AW GM6
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was accually planning on going reverse mounted...

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
Just got my 05 RS manifold back today! The EGR and another hole on one of the runners was filled. Now I can finish polishing it. I have about 4 hours into modding it already with at least another 4-6 to go. It looks good and i hope it performs well with a gt4088r.

It can be made to fit any 99+ RS but it takes a lot of work. Im using a throttle cable so I had to do even more work. Not to mention I'm using wrx fuel rails and RC1600cc injectors so more and more mods. Basically if you have a TMIC this will not work since it pushes the throttle body towards the firewall a few inches. With a FMIC and some custom custom, you should be able to make this work. The stock RS/WRX throttle body will not directly bolt up to this also. So you will need to figure a solution. I filled the stock holes with aluminum weld and then redrilled and tapped holes for my throttle body in the correct location.

Basically this is possible but it will require some effort for most applications. So if you have the ability to do it then go ahead and enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts