Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all the '98 - '01 RS intake manifolds the same, as far as general dimensions, and fuel rail locations? I was thinking about trying to get one from a junkyard for cheap (if possible) and using it as a jig to setup my parallel fuel rail lines.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there maybe an advantage to using a manifold from an older model like a '99? I remember reading someplace that you could use bigger injectors, this true? I'm just thinking that a '99 manifold would probably be cheaper if I could find one, and if it's better then my '00, then I can setup the new lines on the '99 and just swap manifolds. Makes the job that much easier.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Check here for more info. Apparently I spoke too soon. The 99+ are the same, sort of. The fuel rails are different, the injectors are different, there is no MAP/IAT sensor, etc. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh cool, thanks for the link. Lots of info I'll have to sift through. Maybe I should try to pickup a '99 manifold, use it as a jig for the lines, then just stash it someplace. Incase someday I have a reason for running larger injectors. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Since I've got a 99 and I plan on going with WRX injectors eventually and they drop right in I'd say go for it. Just find out if the MAP sensor will bolt on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts