Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wazzzzuupp guys!

ok. I have a weapon r short ram intake for my baby, but the problem is that the clamps that came with it to support the intake is a piece of crap! i saw a thread of someone making their own clamp/support for their intake, so if your the guy and you happen to read this, please drop me a line! to everyone else, whats the best way to stop the intake rom bouncing around. i just did a little mickey mouse job on holding it together, but its only temporary, so give my your ideas! thanks Joey

·
Registered
07 wrx
180 Posts
i think you can just order a new bracket from whice ever compine that you would want to? hope it helps

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
That was me.:) I bought a used Weapon R and there was no bracket, so I made my own! I went to Home Depot and got a piece of aluminum stock about 3/4 inch wide by 3 feet or something like that. It was with all the threaded rods and angle iron. I basically started with the hole for the airbox. I made a bend and drilled it and just bent and twisted it until it fit like I wanted it to! I cut it to fit around the round part of the MAF using my best judgement. I just made some markings and since I didn't have anything that would cut it, I just drilled a bunch of wholes along the line I marked, put a pair of Vise-grips on it and pulled it off. Then I sanded it down a little. The other thing I did was make a piece that bolted to the shock tower on that little tab that sticks up. I made that to fit the contours of the MAF also. Then I just bought some longer bolts and put it all together! Hope this helps. I'll get you the link.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts