Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing my G-stop lines this weekend. I have a few Q's:

1. How much Brake Fluid will I need? I'm thinking of going ATE Blue.

2. How much with ATE Blue cost? And where can I get it before this weekend?

3. I have the Brake Master Power Fuild Flusher. When I got it, it didn't come with the chain. Can I goto Home Depot and get any old chain?

4. What is the Est. Time of completion of Lines and flushing?

5. Where is the best place to get a clear tube from? I'm thinking pet store and get the clear vvnal lines they use for the air pumps.

Thanks! I'll do a search just in case.

Rudy

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!
Peaty

how about ATE BLUE or some wall mart special?

I really want performace out of these...

What I did notice from the wal mart special was that I needed to pump the brakes a bit before they started to really bite. (on my motorcycle) Personally once they are primed it does wonders... endos like it aint no thing...

what do you guys/gals think? Oh and price and place where I can buy it... online is fine I just want it soon.

Rudy

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
Good quality DOT 4 brake fluid has a boiling point of about 290 degrees Celsius. With 1 per cent water in the system that same fluid's boiling point has dropped to 245 degrees, with 2 per cent it's 220 degrees, 3 per cent 210 degrees, and four per cent 185 degrees C. And that's DOT 4 fluid, DOT 3 fluid with 4 per cent water has a boiling point down at 150 degrees. And 4 per cent's the amount of water you'd expect in your brake fluid after just two years with rubber lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts