Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have a pretty loud and normal sounding horn! We all know the stock horn is downright pathetic. I wouldn't trust the stock horn to keep people from going into my lane on the freeway or whatever else. So I got dual Hella air horns:

I really didn't like these things. Sure they were louder, but they were really high pitched. I found a local WRX I-Clubber who actually wanted to trade me horns! :happynow: The Hellas weren't easy to fit in his car. The WRX engine bay is pretty cramped. His horns were really easy to install on my car though. :)

Left:

Right:

They aren't too noticable from the outside. The horns fit perfectly behind the grille. I used the bolts from the radiator. :biggest:

·
Registered
597 Posts
i didn't even know that there was a difference between the stock and the WRX horns! I thought they were the same part.

I guess I'll see if anybody wants to sell me their wrx horn.
Shouldn't be hard finding one here in the land of the WRX (So-Cal)

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No actually I had the hellas and traded for WRX horns. WRX horns and GC8 RS (dunno about new age RS) horns are NOT the same! GC8 stock horns are absolute crap. :curse: WRX horns are much nicer. Don't hate me cuz I'll sound like a WRX when I beep now. :p

·
Registered
392 Posts
how did that happen? the two wrx's at the dealer near me have the same crappy horn as i do. Hmm.. i'm gonna hve to go by there tomorrow and look again. THat is way beyond weird. Did subaru change up in the middle of the year like with the phase 1/phase 2 block thing a couple years back.

I feel like such a doof but i'm sure the wrx's around here have the same horn as i do.

Robert
:stupid:

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eek: Now that is wierd! I'd bet money that they wouldn't have swapped their horns for the GC8 ones. :lol: Interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts