Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005, Subaru, Impreza 2.5 rs s
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an injen intake installed (professionally)on my car and after cranking it up I drove it around and my car keep getting close to shutting off, then the Check Engine Light came on, I took it back and everything was installed right, took it to a second guy which confirmed everything was installed right, My check engine light codes are P0506(idle control system), p0108(Manifold Absolute Pressure), p0700(transmission control system), and p1718(manufacturer controlled transmission) HELP!!!

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Did you try resetting the ECU?

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
What other mods do you have?

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Damn?! The only thing I can think of is getting your ECU reflashed but I would think you wouldn't need that with being completely stock. It could be that your ECU needs to adjust to the new intake that you put on. When I put on my CAI I had sort of the same problem you had, but I drove it around for a while and the CEL went away, and all was good. My car felt like it was going to die in first gear.

·
Registered
2005, Subaru, Impreza 2.5 rs s
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put the stock intake back on and drove around all day and the check engine light is still on flashing same codes, so I think the intake screwed up some sensors or something

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Damnit. I don't think it is anything too serious. Is your car still sputtering (getting close to shutting off) with the stock intake?

·
Banned
01 Silverthorn 2.5rs
493 Posts
Well, was just wondering if he had a shop do it, or someone help him. There is no way you should be blowing 4 codes because of an intake...

Are the 05's MAF, or just MAP? Shop could have fouled up your MAF.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts