Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been searching around for a while but cant rlly find any info, so for must cars u most likely would hav 2 drop and engine 2 install headers, is the boxer engine an exceptions can i jus install it without pulling/dropping the engine
thanx,
zach

·
Registered
01 RS & 97 L
590 Posts
Man, headers on our car is so easy to do. just kneel down on one knee and you can see them hanging below the engine. just lift your car up high enough for you to fit below it and its bolts right up. The only trouble I had is the gaskets you need to keep them there as you....ok this is getting longer then it needs to be, just look at them and you can see what I mean.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cool thats wat i was thinkin after i looked up wat the headers looked like, is there any that ppl can reccomend other than borla

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
get borlas (genuine or replica) for the awesome boxer sound and low-mid range torque, and OBX for maximum power that sounds kinda like a honda. There are other brands, but none are really worth it because they all do the same thing and these are the cheapest choices that are of no less quality than anything else.

As for the install, the only annoying part for me was scraping off the old gaskets from the engine itself, as mine got stuck there when I removed the stock headers. Other than that, it's a matter of 8 bolts. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aite sik

one thing thats been bothering me was wats the diff between borlas and replicas

·
Registered
White 2005 2.5RS Hatchback
230 Posts
The difference is that Borlas are Borlas and replicas are replicas of Borlas. The replicas have the same bends, the same length, and sounds and perform exactly the same. The only difference is that they are usually less than half the cost.

And get a dictionary. Aite?

·
Registered
1997 OBS
35 Posts
Actually I sort of have a question, are pretty much any ebay headers made for the impreza going to be the replicated borlas? Or do certain sellers sell them?

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
Most ebay sellers have the unequal length headers which are the borla replica's. Sometimes you might find a equal length header on ebay but those go for a lot of money these days. I wouldn't get an equal length header because it takes away that subaru rumble.

·
Registered
1997 OBS
35 Posts
Yeah, of course i want the UEL, but most of the ebay listings dont specify much about that, so i was just curious.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The difference is that Borlas are Borlas and replicas are replicas of Borlas. The replicas have the same bends, the same length, and sounds and perform exactly the same. The only difference is that they are usually less than half the cost.

And get a dictionary. Aite?
i was jus askin cuz not all replica r as good as the original

·
Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,165 Posts
If you look you will notice the difference between UEL and EL, EL have a ton more bends and turns in it. The replicas will fit nicely. Make sure you get new gaskets and bolts, you will have a 75% (in my experience) of ripping or breaking a bolt and then your screwed for a day or two.

·
Registered
06' Leg Spec B - No more RS :(
403 Posts
Yeah I had drivin my car most of it's life in NH and then moved to so cal. Bought some borlas when I moved here cuz I realized im not in the pasture anymore and people actually think subys are more than an outback with plastic cladding. But yeah needless to say, if there is rust you will be having a headache. I got all new hardware as I new the studs would likely come out with the bolts. THe nuts were completely unidentifiable so new ones of those too. But yeah number 6/6 SPIN STRIP:bonk:. So yeah that slowed me down and heh heh I just ground the prick off. still need to tap it and take it out but the 5 bolts is doing alright for now. Probally going to wait for my swap and just let whoever wants my ailing 2.5 deal with it.
But yeah rust free car.... I could see it being a quick job

1 - 15 of 15 Posts