Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have an injen cold air intake......how is it compared to ganz and cobb or which of these is the better one

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5 RS coupe SRP
421 Posts
I had the Weapon R then switched to Injen CAI.
I like the Injen CAI alot, better than my weapon R.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i got a new injen intake off of ebay for cheap... and i love it! the one i had on it was some home made one and it made my car choke real bad at low RPM. I felt the power after i put it on, it was DEFINATLY noticeable. It may not be the best, but it is better than what i had befor. I do have to say i dont get the same sound, you only hear it at higher RPM

·
Registered
381 Posts
go with the cobb. The injen I think extends down behind the fog light and can be prone to taking in water, or so i have been told... the cobb ends right inside the fender so it is high and dry. Something to concider if you live in a wet climate...

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes, the injen DOES extend down behind the foglight. I have not had any problems with it getting wet and i live where it snows... and i check it often.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
Cobb is better. But they are only for MY00+. I don't you could notice a power difference between the two realistically though. Both will make more power than a Ganz.

JC

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'll stand behind my injen intake anyday man. awesome...if u only buy two mods, make it injen intake and borla headers....that awesome sound is all engine baby

·
Registered
71 Posts
P.S.
I removed the two little grills where the filter sits so their wide open to the elements. I'm from colorado and i expierence everything mother nature has to offer and have never had a problem with it taking on water.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just received an Injen cold air intake for the holidays along with a G-TECH Pro. I've already baselined the HP & Torque curves of the car along with my trap ETs.

I plan on installing the Injen over the next few days. When I do, I'll do some runs, compare it to the baseline, and post back.

HTH,
C

·
Registered
2001 Subaru 2.5 RS Silver
477 Posts
cbrenton said:
I just received an Injen cold air intake for the holidays along with a G-TECH Pro. I've already baselined the HP & Torque curves of the car along with my trap ETs.

I plan on installing the Injen over the next few days. When I do, I'll do some runs, compare it to the baseline, and post back.

HTH,
C
I'll put money on the fact that you will gain .5-.8 seconds on your et. I love my injen intake. Only mod on my car, 15.005 in the 1/4 and that is not gtech, that was on a drag strip with mulitple 15.0s to back it up. No problems with rain, I live in the rainy NW, rains damn near every day! And the sound is just amazing when you get on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts