Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i got an injen intake for my 00 impreza rs. didnt recieve it yet so i was wondering how hard it is to install. ive heard some horror stories with installing this intake. anyone installed one on there impreza yet. let me know how it went.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
It isn't that bad...and you don't need to take the fender off. You do need to take the inner fender lining out, but that is about it.

I think it took an hour or slightly over to put in..no biggie!

Have fun....;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. so how do u like the intake. was it worth the money or would have rather gone with something else? :confused:

and i heard that the hole where the intake actually goes into the fender...the intake hits that and it scrathes it all up. is this true and if it is can there be something done?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good idea..thanks. do you think im going to have to glue that rubber hose on there or will it fit nice and snug?

·
Registered
539 Posts
My piece of hose was semi-stiff, little bit more flex than a garden hose. I didn't glue mine and it hasn't budged. Try it out and if you find it does have to be glued, no big deal.:D

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
The Injen cold air kit I got for my '98 had a piece of black trim material [a tight u shape] for the hole you are referring to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
anyone know if the injen intake will fit a 96 legacy?..the air boxes on imprezas and legacys are in about the same place.

let me know

·
Registered
396 Posts
I can say for sure everything from the air cleaner to the throttle body is the same on the 96-99 DOHC engines. The only question is if there is enough room in the fender for the CURVE of the cold air extension and filter. On the Impreza the side and bottom clearance is less than an inch around the filter:eek:

·
Registered
396 Posts
What's the best stuff the wrap the intake pipe with to keep the heat out, and will last a long time?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts