Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
ej20 gc8 (bmw steel grey)
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put the new cold air intake from injen in their MY99.
they just came out with it for the maf subaru's, any input on this

bruno

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Doesn't seem like manypeople have one, maybe 'cause it's a little on the pricey side ($300+). Prolly need an safc, field or some other fuel controller to eliminate the 5500rpm and up run-lean problem too.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i have the safc yet to be installed, and i have had them priced under 250 . but im wonderin if anyone out htere has put this on , and will it blow my maf. another option i was lookin at , was just puttin a cone filter right after the maf , is there any noticable gains on that.
bruno

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
I have installed on my Baby let me tell you it's pretty damn nice I love the pull that I got at about 4000RPM the only draw back is that is a bit too loud for my taste but then again it fucking sounds mean I tell ya' it sure beats my old Weapon R intake...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, heres my problem. i got the intake, now the problem is that the intake came with four vacuum holes and the subaru has only three. and then my guy called up injen to speak to the guy that designed this intake and he was speechless . so now im ppissed off and dont know what to do . can someone help me

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
As long as it has 4 holes and you only need 3 and not the other way around you should be OK. You can go to an automotive store and get an end cap plug and secure it with a hose clamp or something like that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, i just installed the injen on my 99 and it is probably the sweetest mod i did so far, lol. this intake is so mean soundin , and u really can feel the difference . found my self just gettin up there in speed really quick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where did you guys get these? Also, do you have a picture of one installed on a '98/'99?
Thanks,
Doug

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Are they running lean above 5500rpm or what? Also, where has anyone got this intake for a decent price, NOPI wants close to $300, anywhere else cheaper?

·
Registered
89 Posts
anyone have any idea if the 98-99 injen will fit earlier MAF cars as well? i don't see why it wouldn't, plus i'll have the 4th spot for a vaccuum hose as opposed to running 2 into a T-fitting...my old JC sports intake is looking a little ratty...

·
Registered
2 Posts
here's mine, about... i dont know how old, maybe october i think.... gets waterspotted like that since the hood scoop is open (after washes)

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts