Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been battling my 2.5 now for months... mainly cause it desperatly needs a swap i can not provide it with right now. I keep gettin a cylinder 3 misfire CEL I have changed the following.. knock sensor, coil pack, plugs and wires.... so I think all that leaves is injectors... so I am goin to try to replacre just the cylinder 3 injector... What is the firing order by the way? and is there anything I need to be super cautious about when doing this or is it as simple as it looks?

any help would be great
Thanks

·
Premium Member
99 2dr rs black
130 Posts
your best bet is to swap injectors. just swap 1 and 3 and see if it moves. you have to be careful of cutting the seal inside the intake side. if it cuts it sprays fuel everywhere. you can just check if its sealed correctly by turning the key on but not cranking the engine and see if it holds fuel pressure. and they when you start it have someone watch and make sure its not leaking. also the injector has to click into the fuel rail. use dielectric grease for seating. if the misfire moves you know its the injector. that should cover it.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if you are looking at the engine are cylinders 1 and 3 on the left?

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I just went to try and pull out my injectors and the first turn I tried on the philips screw on top it nearly rounded off the screw with one turn... what am I missing guys please help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts