Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be running a Power FC on my V1 swap and have a question regarding injector pulse width for larger injectors. I will be running 650 cc injectors from my stock 440's. I know how to scale the injector size, but how does the pulse width change? Can somebody help me out?

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
shorter pulse width to compensate for larger size. I would assume the fc would shorten pulsewidth automatically when the injector size is programmed in...

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's adjusting pulsewidth when you tell it you have a larger injector.

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's adjusting pulsewidth when you tell it you have a larger injector.
I'm very unsure, that's why I asked. I know you can input injector size. So for 650s, you would scale 440/650 = 0.677 to get the same afr. I don't know how it adjusts pulse width though - automatically or if you are required to adjust it.

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
How do you think it obtains the same AFR? Pulsewidth is the way your injectors meter fuel, all they do is open an close. When you scale injector size, you scale pulsewidth. All you can actually change with the injectors is pulsewidth, nothing else.

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Rooster, what part of VT are you in? I'm down in the White River area.

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
I'm pretty much in the center of the state, in the Middlebury area. You should also jump on VTRides.com, if you're aren't already there.

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am on VTrides, although I don't spend much time trolling the forums. I've met a few people on their board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts