Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
1. Purchased with 50,000 miles on it from a Subaru dealer in 2001(all stock) $10,017.00 2. Installed 2.5RS hood and painted to match $155.00 3. Installed R-1 race coil over springs on rear to allow for wider wheels $ 93.00 4. Installed KYB GR-2 performance struts for handling $385.00 5. Installed clear side marker lights and front bumper lights $ 60.00 6. Installed a cold air intake with tube and cone filter $ 73.00 7. Installed the original (JDM)WRX rear spoiler. Had to order it from Japan $280.00 8. Installed an APC performance dual outlet stainless muffler and pipe. $ 90.00 9. Installed the classic WRX emblem on the rear trunk lid $ 8.00 10.Installed a moderate JVC Tape deck, Equalizer and 12 disc CD changer. $150.00 11.Installed an Orion 240 watt amp with a 10” subwoofer $200.00 12.Installed Subaru front strut tower brace for support in turns $ 15.00 13.Installed mesh grille kit in hood scoop, behind factory grille, and in bumper $ 3.00 14.Had the windows tinted in a sleek dark smoke to match the car $129.00 ------------------------------------------------- TOTAL $11,549.00 In all, for under $11,600, this is a car set up with the handling of all-wheel-drive, an estimated 200 hp, and full power accessories. Again it has new brakes, new tires and passed a recent Virginia State Inspection. FOR ABOUT HALF THE TOTAL PRICE IT COULD BE YOURS ALL OFFERS OVER $5,000 WILL BE CONSIDERED AND MAY BE ACCECPTED. (Reserve is set at $7,000) GOOD LUCK BIDDING

so, a cold air intake with tube and a APC performance dual outlet stainless muffler and pipe can get me around 175-200hp huh. cool, i'm ordering it right now.

what i really wanna know is where the hell did that person order a JDM spoiler from for $280? that is so damn cheap for ordering from japan.

·
Registered
613 Posts
that car is decorated, not modded. truth in advertizing doesn't apply on the 'bay. it's more like buyer beware

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was wondering where you can get a JDM spoiler for $280 also! Wonder if someone bought the promised 175-200 hp car and dyno it and sue for false advertising.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
Wizard of O.Z. said:
Yeah I was wondering where you can get a JDM spoiler for $280 also! Wonder if someone bought the promised 175-200 hp car and dyno it and sue for false advertising.
Naw, he says estimated. Besides you could argue drivetrain loss.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should ask him what he runs in the 1/4 then :p

least it's not as bad as some vid I saw of this guy with a Mustang GT-R (badge). Asked if he had a turbo and a rotary engine he said yeah man all that. :flame:

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
so, a cold air intake with tube and a APC performance dual outlet stainless muffler and pipe can get me around 175-200hp huh.
:curse: Damn! Wish I had known that before I put the turbo on my car!:rolleyes:
:monkey: :crazy: :wtf:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
I_H8_1.8 said:
:curse: Damn! Wish I had known that before I put the turbo on my car!:rolleyes:
:monkey: :crazy: :wtf:
wanna sell your turbo kit and get the intake and muffler now? i got dibs on your turbo kit.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
JZ oo7 said:
wanna sell your turbo kit and get the intake and muffler now? i got dibs on your turbo kit.
:checkit:

:lol:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
I_H8_1.8 said:
:checkit:

:lol:
does that mean you are willing to part out your turbo kit? how about 300 bucks and you pay for shipping. sounds like a good deal.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
does that mean you are willing to part out your turbo kit? how about 300 bucks and you pay for shipping. sounds like a good deal.
:stupid: :rolleyes:

Don't think so! :p How about you pay me to let you lick my...Never mind!:D

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
I_H8_1.8 said:
:stupid: :rolleyes:

Don't think so! :p How about you pay me to let you lick my...Never mind!:D
so, no deal? you can get 175-200hp so easily though. remember that.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
so, no deal? you can get 175-200hp so easily though. remember that.
Nah. Call me crazy, but I think I'll keep my turbo. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts