Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 2.5 rs
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up? i just bought a 2.5 rs 2003 a couple of weeks ago,
and i was wondering what intake will get the best gains, and if it will void my warranty?

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
www.cobbtuning.com

best intake...

nothing "voids" your warranty... they can refuse to do work under warranty, but have to prove the intake caused the problem...

·
Registered
2003 2.5 rs
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks so you don't think the aem is better? i've heard alot of good stuff about both but i heard more bad about the cobb

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
hellsing said:
thanks so you don't think the aem is better? i've heard alot of good stuff about both but i heard more bad about the cobb
no...

what have you heard bad about the cobb... i have never heard anything bad about it...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Don't get either

hellsing said:
Both of these are way over priced and you wont see shit for gains unless you do your exhaust as well. They cost nearly 3 times the amount the Ganzflow from http://www.subaruplanet.com/ costs and deliver less performance. Sit back and think about the Cobb intake for a second. The filter surface area is tiny and it is not all that high tech either. Two pieces with a coupler fucking come on man, for that money I want bends:lol: I got my Ganzflow from a guy who was going to throw it away after he bought a Cobb. He asked for it back after he put the Cobb on. What’s that tell you? If I was looking for an intake, and I didn’t have a hood scoop, I’d get the Ganz or the $100 RallyTech intake. If I did have a hood scoop I'd get the Gravel Sports intake

Don’t waste your money on something that has such a small impact on the performance of the car when you can get the same, if not better results for 1/3 the cash. That’s my five cents, stay tuned for twenty more. ;)

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RSTi
324 Posts
Cobb intake is the shit... I have one in my 2000 RS and it works great and adds noticable power.. Overpriced? yes prolly but if u are like me i don't settle for second best. The gains are noticable without exhuast too

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Re: Don't get either

Tall J said:
Both of these are way over priced and you wont see shit for gains unless you do your exhaust as well. They cost nearly 3 times the amount the Ganzflow from http://www.subaruplanet.com/ costs and deliver less performance. Sit back and think about the Cobb intake for a second. The filter surface area is tiny and it is not all that high tech either. Two pieces with a coupler fucking come on man, for that money I want bends:lol: I got my Ganzflow from a guy who was going to throw it away after he bought a Cobb. He asked for it back after he put the Cobb on. What’s that tell you? If I was looking for an intake, and I didn’t have a hood scoop, I’d get the Ganz or the $100 RallyTech intake. If I did have a hood scoop I'd get the Gravel Sports intake

Don’t waste your money on something that has such a small impact on the performance of the car when you can get the same, if not better results for 1/3 the cash. That’s my five cents, stay tuned for twenty more. ;)
you obviously don't know... the cobb (while pricey) gives you way more power than the ganzflow... You retain low end, and throttle response and smooth out your powerband... And this is without an exhaust... The filter is the key, the way the prm is made, gives you velocity stack better than a plain cone filter, and is light years ahead of a panel filter... I've experienced both from behind the drivers seat and can tell you there is a large difference, not just a "noticable" one...;) everyone else I know who has had both can tell you (it's quite a few) the same... don't get me wrong, the ganzflow is good for the money, but i wanted the most i could get, and got it!:D

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
The Cobb is dyno tested, so who cares if it's not got bends... it's got performance.

And it's got a home in my RS for that very reason.

·
Registered
139 Posts
hmm, gravel sports intake...with rain being a reality, then being at WOT says im screwed in oregon. no intake with that design could stop all that water and still gimme more power.
oh, anybody got sound clips with just a cobb intake?

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Damn, that sounds sweet, it would sound even better with my Stromung and soon to be in Borla Headers :) Anyone wanna trade for a Ganz? Please?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts