Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Banned
5,165 Posts
If your NA you can get a catless exhaust and a walburrito 255 and tune your car to run 12:1 a/f ratio. This way you will maximize the most torque and hp on a NA engine. You will also get the afterfire that you want. Say goodbye to emissions!

· Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
4,457 Posts
If your NA you can get a catless exhaust and a walburrito 255 and tune your car to run 12:1 a/f ratio. This way you will maximize the most torque and hp on a NA engine. You will also get the afterfire that you want. Say goodbye to emissions!

Would this considerably decrease gas mileage or not?? More torqu and HP sounds nice.

I dont have emmisions so it doesnt matter :D

· Banned
5,165 Posts
I have not tried it but my friend who is a mechanic at our local Nissan dealership suggested it to me. Gas mileage would decrease since the car will be running rich. He said it would be perfect for my car since I only autocross it and haven't gone turbo yet.

You would probably need a SAFC to tune the fuel.

· Read Only
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do you tamper with the AF ratio? The only method I can think about (and it's as ghetto as it can be) is tweaking the IAT sensor so as to fool the ECU that the actual temperature is a few degrees colder than it actually is. Should have a controlable effect on the AF ratio...

· Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BDP
2,558 Posts
I think they learned around the first generation SAFC but APEXi released a second generation didn't they? that's why they call it the SAFC2? And I also heard the 99's are fine, but after that they have the learn around. I think

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.