Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Audi Fondler
2000 Silverish 2.5rs Sedan
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have decent instructions on how to install the wiring for these? I got some recentely and had no trouble installing the parts themselves but there's no clear explanation of what is what...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know this is a little old but i thought that anyone else intresting in doing this would like to know a very easy way to install these. I installed mine a few weeks ago and it was accually really easy. There are only 2 wires you need to worry about, the black and red one, or whatever colors you accually got. One is the positive and one is the ground. If you open the ashtray there is accually light in there. To get that whole pannel and the tray out you would have to undo 3 sets of plugs, a smaller green one, a smaller wite one and then the one plug going to the ashtray. This is is for a light and will work fine. I simply put the correct wire into each side of the plug and connected the plug back together. It might be a little hard to understand but it works perfectly because the light in there turns off and on with the headlights. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

·
Audi Fondler
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aye... got this done although the problem I was having with my inverter wasn't a prob at all... turns out the place I ordered from sold me the inverted ones on ebay though they don't carry them for Subarus :p Got mine to work fine though... after looking I found the easiest was to just wire it directly into the fuse box, under the illuminance fuse... I didn't feel up to cutting any wires in the harness for the fear whatever I do might come undone next time I have to remove the panel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i also read how to do that when i was putting mine in. But i didnt even have to cut a wire when I did mine and nothing shows at all. So im happy. Then sent you the wrong ones??? But i guess thats how it goes. I wish i had the money to do more things to my car but oh well.

·
Audi Fondler
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah... the auction was for the inverted ones, but they don't even carry them... really pissed me off. I tried 3 phone calls and like 10 e-mails with no response, then I get an e-mail asking me why I haven't left positive feedback yet :p Finally got a response to call them again about getting a refund.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts