Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

2501 - 2519 of 2519 Posts

·
Registered
99WhiteMock22B/10TeslaRoadster
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,502
Moving up to Mead. I drove to the house from work the other day and it took me 8 minutes. Way better than the hour that I spend now driving.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,504
Oh...there will be plenty of excuses for being lazy. Like... I am lazy. :lol:

Jeff, you want my car to come hangout at your place so we can get it back together? :)

·
Impreza Connoisseur
95 RSTi coupe, 05 STi, 05 FXT
582 Posts
Wife is really wanting a garage space, so when we are ready to slap it all back together, we can take the Audi's spot.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,507
What a cluster of a year so far. I’m not dead but the car still is. Cliff notes post of an update!

I moved!

Closed deck engine and goodies being sent back to Outfront for assembly of a long block with my built ej20k heads.

I bought a 2004 Forester XT 5MT.

The Tesla Roadster decided to stick on full throttle in a parking lot and I traveled about 20 feet into 2 cars. Somehow I made a small car even smaller.

Now, I’m starting to gather parts for the Forester so I can get a little more power. Just STi bolts on and I have my brembos from the RS so those will go along with the XXR’s.

Hi friends. The RS will eventually live again!!

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
omg hai to you!!

what do you mean ‘back to outfront’? did they screw something up? or did they do the original build for you..?

sucks about the tesla.. are they helping with costs associated with that BS?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,511
It’s a long story but in the end, the idea of having a stroked and closed deck engine made me happy! :)

IAG might now but didn’t have much for ej20 blocks. They were all about ej25’s and I didn’t want to go with the a hybrid setup after overbuilding the heads.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,516
I am still here. The car is still broken. Anyone live in Texas and want to visit a guy with my engine? kthxbai

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,519
It might need to get to that point. I had a chat with the manager over at Outfront and the guy that I have been doing business hasn't really been on the up and up.

Trying to figure out my game plan... or I just might cannibalize the 2004 Forester XT and swap the wiring and engine over to the RS. I would like to keep and sell that but I really want to get the RS right again.

2501 - 2519 of 2519 Posts