Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

2461 - 2480 of 2527 Posts

·
Registered
99WhiteMock22B/10TeslaRoadster
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,462 ·
So, do I need to pay Photobucket or something now to have my pictures post? If that is the case, who did you guys use to transfer your photos to?

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Yup, Imgur is great. You can add the photobucket embed fix to Chrome in order to be able to still view photobucket pictures in threads.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,467 ·
I am too lazy to transfer all of these pictures. Blargh.

Well, here is a picture of the new DD before it got to me. :)

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,469 ·
I am dragging because my engine is in a flood zone! When that looks like it is back, Jeff (RHD5280) and I are going to get it back on the road!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,473 ·
The main reason I drive them is because my daily commute is over 100 miles a day. I have had a few electric cars and I have not been able to make it back and forth to work in all of them. The Leaf would die on me once a month and I have yet to die in either the P85 or now the Roadster. If my car actually worked, I would pay about $20 a day in gas so gets me to about $500 in gas alone. If I get a gas powered DD, I end up having a payment plus gas so if I am going to have a payment, I might as well have an electric car but if I can get something that is fun that is an added bonus. I would seriously roll a Daewoo if it were all electric and I had no range anxiety in it. :lol:

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,912 Posts
part of me really wants to buy a tesla on copart and swap it all into a daewoo now

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
The tesla should cost you about $5 for 100miles, assuming your electricity cost is around 12c/kwh. At the current cost of gasoline you could run just about any small hatchback or midsize diesel car for the same cost without the range anxiety.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,477 ·
The tesla should cost you about $5 for 100miles, assuming your electricity cost is around 12c/kwh. At the current cost of gasoline you could run just about any small hatchback or midsize diesel car for the same cost without the range anxiety.
Electricity is about half of that and I charge at work so it costs me less than a $1 a day. I get that I could get a "cheaper" car but it really ends up being a pretty similar payment to get a nice car and pay for gas or drive this. Sure, I could go get a base model Rio but if I am going to be in my car for 2+ hours a day, I want it to be somewhat enjoyable. My RS is obviously bare bones and has no frills but that is what it supposed to be but it is a blast to drive. I don't want to go get a stripped out anything and fall asleep everytime I go to work.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,479 ·
:lol:

That is also another thing. I always want to tinker with things but when that happens, hey become less reliable. With an electric car, there isn't much other than cosmetic things that I can do so it's a safer DD than me getting most other things. I'm tossing the idea of getting a GF or an SF but I'm afraid I'll end up in the same boat as the RS at some point. I don't need another dead car.

2461 - 2480 of 2527 Posts