Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L Coupe
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me how to get a car high on jack stands as the picture below. What I'm asking is not how to place the car on jack stands but to get the car high enough that I could fully extend the jack stands and have a lot of room to work underneath. I normally jack up on the front crossmember plate and rear diff but my jack stands are only able to placed a few clicks high. I know there's the wooden block technique but I want to see what you guys do to get a car up that high or does one need a super high lift floor jack? Thanks

Note* This is not my picture lol

Attachments

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Cheap solution, blocks. Proper solution, taller jack. Ghetto solution, fork lift.

·
Registered
'99 Impreza Outback Sport
378 Posts
blocks of wood have never failed me. Unless the 2x4 chunks crack... then thats scary **** and time to get new blocks o wood

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L Coupe
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like the block technique it is. Would it be better to jack up on the wooden block under the two inner chassis rails or the front jacking plate or is it purely a personal preference thing?

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
I worry about the wood breaking, so I don't jack that way. I have huge wood blocks and put the jack on top of them, then jack the car up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts