Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Premium Member
'98 RSTI, and some other things
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive found 3 subaru's that have caught my eye.

Well 4 if you include the 09 WRX... I think its hot for some reason lol.

Anyway, here the 3 Im looking at:

Craigslist
Red 1997 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT with 5-speed manual transmission. 167,000 miles. Black Leather interior. Power windows, locks (with remote), and sunroof. AWD, ABS. 4 cylander boxer-style engine. The entire exhaust is only 6 months old because it had to be repalced to pass Pa emissions inspecion. A brand new clutch was installed 20,000 miles before I bought this car in Feburary. Extremely clean! I have cleaned the inside and out of this car almost every weekend since I bought it. Unlike many used cars you may look at, I have an Owner's Manual for you if you buy it! Do not be put-off by the high miles. This car runs fantasticly and the only reason I am selling it is because I am going to college and need the money. please contact me with any questions.
$4250

Craigslist
97' Subaru Impreza Outback wagon. 195,800 miles. All wheel drive 5 speed. Runs good.AC. CD player with amplified bass. New brakes. Small dents and scratches. Passed MD inspection less than 9,000 miles ago. Car being sold as is. $2,500 or offer. Cash only.

RS25
1997 Subaru Impreza Outback.

Sti Seats
Nardi wheel (missing ignition housing plastics) *check pics*
STI midpipe
MagnaFlow axleback
Ver2 Front
JDM rear bumper and spats
Rally Armor mud flaps
Whiteline springs with Inverted Bilstein Struts

Bad:
Car has 95,xxx miles on it
and Needs timing belt change..
... ... Drums in the back too
$4500

· Registered
17,115 Posts
White wagon, definitely. Low mileage. Get him down on the price a little bit because you'll have to "bring the car to the dealership for the timing belt change" :mamoru: That'll save you at least a few hundred more, assuming you can do it yourself. It's already got some decent work done to it.

· Hoopty King
2000 BRP 2.5RS/1994 Legacy SS
1,440 Posts
I love the BD GT's, but that's a high price for that many miles (though they do seem rare to find in 5spd., at least around here.)
Otherwise I'd say the modded wagon, although if you bought the stock wagon you would have a lot of money left over to sink into it.

· Premium Member
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yea Im kinda just sitting at a stand still...

Dont know which I want.

I like the price on the one with 190k but I like the one thats got the mods.

The one with the 190k is like 20min from me, the one farther away is 3 hours.

Ehm.

Just emailed the white wagon on craigslist. See what they say back

· Premium Member
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They legally have to take it back. Im going to talk to the sales manager about it tomorrow.

Respond from the wagn with 190k:
Charles,
I bought this car at an auction, so I do not know the history of the car. Small dents and scrapes on each side. As far as I know it is mechanically sound. I replaced both head gaskets, all belts look ok. Cloth seats have stains and wear holes in a couple places. About average for the mileage. Replaced hood and grill after minor front end accident. I have only put 12,000 miles on the car. I have replaced it with a lower mileage car, because I have a 100 mile commute. I love the car and bought an '02 Impreza. Call if you have more questions. ##########. I can send interior pics. Feel free to make offer.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.