Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Impreza L 2.0
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to know if anyone here has had this problem.i was driving to work last night and i got on the beltway and my car started switching hard. i looked at my dash and my power light was on i let my foot of the gas and it wouldnt go out so i hit the manul button put it in third the light went out so i thought it was back to normal. as soon as i turned off the manul button it revs up to 6000(redline) holds for a while then switches also now it wont shift to fourth and if i do it manuelly (1 2 3 D) it seems like it goes either into second or the passing gear but never to fourth im pretty much stuck with trying to figure this out and its really bugging me also with this problem my cel starting blinking constantly with i guess its a 1 any sugestions please

·
Registered
95 Impreza L 2.0
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i mean i have a auto and if you stomp the gas pedal theres a light on my dash that lights up the word power to let you know that the trans is in power mode

·
Registered
2000, Impreza, 2.5 RS,
139 Posts
Well my auto wouldn't go into first for a while but once I was driving, every other gear was fine. Until one day it just stopped going into first all together. I ended up having to replace the whole transmission right after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts