Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Its time for me to get a double din HU and nav system and i would like you advice and help.

I have been eyeing the Alpine IVA-W205 and NVE-852A for years now since this is what my brother is using in his car and it works awesome. The price has been dropping consistently for a while now due to the newer versions coming out. I'm budgetting for $650 total purchase price. This is 350 for the HU and 250 for the DVD nav with 50 for the wire harness.

My question is who has this and who has something else and the comparisons.

Also, does anyone know where i can find this set up for sale other than the usual CL and EBAY?

Thanks,

Chris

· Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do they cost? do they have the nav internal? i hear that you cant have the nav and a movie at the same time with that.

Chris

· Registered
2000 BRP 2.5R-STI
465 Posts
i had a kenwood KVT 817, its a flip out but the DD version is like a KVT 8017... great system and it has a hideaway box for the nav rather than a dvd that most units use... and u can update it for free on garmins website... It was $1000 with everything off ebay a year ago, so $750-850 should sound right about now

· Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how well does the navi work? ever find a road not on the system? ever lose track of position?

· Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i found the nav unit on the cheap... just need a w200 on the cheap now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.