Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
A bucket
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Parked my car at a friend's house for a get together, came back out and the car in front of mine was gone and this happened. Seemed to me that he/she backed up into mine and made the holiest of holy decisions to just drive off without leaving a note.

·
Registered
1993 Subaru Impreza L 5smt AWD
716 Posts
Parked my car at a friend's house for a get together, came back out and the car in front of mine was gone and this happened. Seemed to me that he/she backed up into mine and made the holiest of holy decisions to just drive off without leaving a note.
I'm sorry to hear that! One of my buddies just had that happen as well, but it was his rear quarter panel and it's a good square foot of dentage...and his car was Ford Ranger, so not entirely the same. Too bad you didn't find out or see who did it. Maybe you could see if one of the neighbors has video cameras?

·
Registered
A bucket
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its fiberglass...you can fix it....
Yeah, I kinda figured. I am quite amaze though, of the quality and craftsman ship of the Mature bumper. Only the surface of the bumper was cracked and the areas that the license plate frame are bolted up to had a slightly deeper crack.

Definitely fixable, but being a college student and not having stable income (and having to recently pay for car reg, school tuition, and pretty soon books) the bumper won't be fixed for quite sometime now :(

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,357 Posts
A horrible way to start the new year...
Karma will catch up to the weasel who messed
up your bumper & then left without doing the right thing.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
sucks to see dude.... idk if you read modified mag but i had the chevy cobalt that i built in there in octobers issue. i spent 2 years building that car... in the mag it had my old setup but i redesigned my turbo setup afterwards to suit the new efr turbos.

needless to say when i was on my way to tail of the dragon i got 20 miles out side of indy and i got side swiped by a semi truck at 80mph when i was trying to make a pass(speed limit was 75 so i wasent speeding too horribly). needless to say it knocked the frame over an inch and down a 1/4 of an inch. did 22000 in damage before i even tore into the car to inspect for more damage. needless to say 2 years worth of work went down the drain in 10 seconds or less

idk but from what i see i think a skilled body man thats good with glass can fix her right up. keep your head up

·
Registered
95 L w/ ej205
496 Posts
sucks to see dude.... idk if you read modified mag but i had the chevy cobalt that i built in there in octobers issue. i spent 2 years building that car... in the mag it had my old setup but i redesigned my turbo setup afterwards to suit the new efr turbos.

needless to say when i was on my way to tail of the dragon i got 20 miles out side of indy and i got side swiped by a semi truck at 80mph when i was trying to make a pass(speed limit was 75 so i wasent speeding too horribly). needless to say it knocked the frame over an inch and down a 1/4 of an inch. did 22000 in damage before i even tore into the car to inspect for more damage. needless to say 2 years worth of work went down the drain in 10 seconds or less

idk but from what i see i think a skilled body man thats good with glass can fix her right up. keep your head up
Did the truck stop after the accident? Sounds like it's the truck's fault and shouldn't they cover at least the car's worth?

·
Registered
A bucket
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Wow, that sucked about what happened your car.

As for the bumper, I'm just pissed off that there are people out there who has no decency to leave a note whenever they damage someone elses car. It sucks even more for me because I'm now a full time student with very limited funds and then this happens -____-

But on the bright side, it COULD have been worse lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.