Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What light bulbs are used in Imprezas?
I have a 2001 RS. I purchased a set of bulbs online, recieved them yesterday. They are 9007's, and the connector looks different. I plan on putting them in today (along with my sway bar - woohoo). However, I am strating to think that they shipped wrong bulbs. Do you know what kind of bulbs are used on 2001 Imprezas? Were they changed for the 2002 year? I might need some extra info when getting back with the seller to get them returned... thanks!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't know about the 2002+ cars, but the 1993-2001 Impreza uses H4 headlights (9003) and H3 foglights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man, I guess those bastards messed up my order and sent me wrong bulbs... thanks for your help!

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i'm using Eaglite HID kit for H4 headlights on my 2000 RS

and i think i use H3 on my foglights too.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
I looked at those bulbs on e-bay too..I think they take 9006 or something..I went and checked the light site!!!

;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a reply from the seller this morning, he appoligized and will send out the right set when I return those 9007s. woohoo! :happynow:
I guess he just got MYs confused. No biggie. At least I did not have to :curse: and :boxer: to set it straight...

thanks for your help!
later
:run:

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Very cool...nice to find someone that is willing to make his customers happy!!
:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a subaru impreza 2000.

Kragen just sold me a 9007. I suppose thats the wrong bulb...dang.

does anyone have any tips on how to replace these bulbs once I finally get a hold of the right one?

thanks!

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
walton.dan said:
I have a subaru impreza 2000.

Kragen just sold me a 9007. I suppose thats the wrong bulb...dang.

does anyone have any tips on how to replace these bulbs once I finally get a hold of the right one?

thanks!

Changing the bulbs is very easy to do. From the back of the light, unplug the connector. Then, undo the rubber gasket-type thing that sort of "snaps" onto the housing itself. Then undo the metal clip that holds the bulb in by pushing on both sides of it and let it swing down. Pull out the bulb. Putting the new onein is all just the reverse. You may want to use some bulb grease though so that it won't be hard to get the connector off next time. Oh, and don't touch the glass part of the bulb!

Changing the bulbs is much easier than explaining how. I'm sure once you look at it, you'll figure it out right away. It's also in the owner's manual, which might give you a slightly better description.

Here's a pic for reference: disregard the red circle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts