Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be picking up an impreza L wagon soon and I want to know what size bar to go with. I have read some places 18 mm. I am putting the P1 suspension out of my last car in it. The P1 is supposed to be used with a 20 when used on a sedan.
Thanks,
Joshua

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Make sure you get some rear control arms that have the swaybar mount on them. I don't think the L wagons have them. I know the L sedans/coupes don't.

yebokmj said:
I am going to be picking up an impreza L wagon soon and I want to know what size bar to go with. I have read some places 18 mm. I am putting the P1 suspension out of my last car in it. The P1 is supposed to be used with a 20 when used on a sedan.
Thanks,
Joshua

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe?

I was under the impression that all imprezas MY97 and above have them. I could be mistaken. But if I get an MY96 I will keep that in mind. Thanks,
Joshua

·
Registered
286 Posts
My MY97 IMpreza L Sedan came stock with a rear sway bar. I am running STi Ver 5 suspension and Whiteline Springs, and I have an 18mm bar on there. It often feels like the 18mm isn't quite enough to get the rear end around and a 20mm would make it a little easier. If you are willing to spend the extra money, Whiteline make an adjustable bar that has 18-20-22 settings.
www.isrperformance.com sells them for a decent price.

-Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts