Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone , just started this a few weeks ago and thaugh I should share it, wrx engine swap planned and complete body job, i bought the car cause it only have 127 000kms so not bad for a 1997 car

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so l am stripping the whole car right now , I already bought the wrx engine/trans/wiring harness, 4pot / 2pot brakes , aluminium V6 hood and a few other things , cant Wait to work on the car again when I have more time

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,248 Posts
A coupe and you didnt get the nasty tan interior! Awesome! Sounds like it's gonna be a fun build.

Reactions: SoCoNoHa

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A coupe and you didnt get the nasty tan interior! Awesome! Sounds like it's gonna be a fun build.
Yes , I was pretty happy with the black interior , hope I will be able to run this dash with the new harness , id rather keep this one than put a gd one in

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made some work on the car , engine and trans are out
also got this authentic zero sports hood splitter

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,248 Posts
What tmic do you plan to use?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still working on getting the chassis 100% rust free , then I will be painting all the underneat with antirust paint before starting to put it back together, car is then gonna be painted in bright red color

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally found a donnor 02 wrx and got to work on the car again after a few months , i'll keep the thread updated in the next few weeks as im going to work more on the car

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got a few more parts for the car
jdm wrx 17" wheels in almost intact condition
Wangan wrx axelback made by Apexi

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,248 Posts
Nice man! Love a good "built in a shed" project

·
Registered
2002 Black Impreza 2.5 TS
14 Posts
Really hope no one got hurt when you turned that car on the side that way, wow thats creative.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really hope no one got hurt when you turned that car on the side that way, wow thats creative.
It went pretty well ,we were only 2 to put it like that , I welded some attach point on both bumper beams at balance point . I am able to turn it by hand . Im glad I was able to put it on the side like that , 1000x easier to work on the undercar

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So today i put the car back on jackstand and Ive fitted the gd dash + dash beam in the car , few extra holes cuts had to be done but not bad at all . Im pretty happy with the dash gaps
both dash
marked where the new holes had to be done with the template
what needed to be cut on the middle part , if you dont cut its rubbing against tranny tunnel pretty bad
this is what i removed from the dash so it fits perfectly against the firewall
now I need to fit the heater box an then I'll be able to start putting the harness back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice work. Love the details in your build thread. I’ll be doing a dash swap and full harness at some point.
Also what’s the rotisserie thingy to turn the chassis over on its side like that. I don’t know the terminology so I can’t search for it. Haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice work. Love the details in your build thread. I’ll be doing a dash swap and full harness at some point.
Also what’s the rotisserie thingy to turn the chassis over on its side like that. I don’t know the terminology so I can’t search for it. Haha
Thx, I actually just modified an engine stand so it can rotate and it was attached to some mount I welded to both bumper beam , it did the job .The real thing is over 1000$+ and for a one time use Id rather spend the money on parts . Here is a link to one Auto Lift CR-3000 Car Rotisserie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I almost finished the dash install and started the wiring job
I installed the gd steering column and the pedal set too. Steering column fit good u just have to change the gromet that passes through the firewall and I think I ll maybe have to modify something when I put the steering rack back on . The pedal set fit pretty good too just had to cut the upper right tab on it
the brake booster and clutch master cylinder are installed too just had to enlarge holes a bit
some parts that I prep and painted going back on the car
still waiting on a few parts in the mail to continue the interior including new carpet 😁

1 - 20 of 21 Posts