Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 saab 92x linear
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I have been looking on the forums for quite some time now and I have this thing about certainty. I have a 2005 saab 9-2x linear auto that I would like to swap to a M/T. It has an EJ25 motor. I'm looking for some confirmation on what exact tranny to get. From my research an impreza rs will work, but what year is good from 02-05? Also, are there any other trans I should look into? Im looking to swap this tranny and hopefully down the line swap for a WRX or an STI engine. I take care of my car and am slowly gonna be upgrading the parts. Dont tell me to sell and rebuy, I wouldnt be asking this question if I had P.Diddys cash flow.

Now lets see what you guys got for me :corn:

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe Silverthorn 5spd
565 Posts
isnt the 9-2x the turbo version? Id swap a WRX trans into it instead of a RS trans. Gonna need the right driveshaft anyway and prolly the rear diff as it is. That just covers the drivetrain...

·
Registered
2005 saab 92x linear
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have the linear which is the N/A versions the Aero is saab's WRX version with the EJ20 so basically I just look to the 2.5RS for all my mods.
I was thinking about running with a WRX tranny, but would it bolt up with the EJ25?

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe Silverthorn 5spd
565 Posts
Any Subaru tranny will bolt up from a Impreza/Leggy/forester.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts