Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
how much does a detailing like this usually cost?

·
Registered
07 Civic SI / 97 Miata M
757 Posts
how much does a detailing like this usually cost?
It usually depends because it looks as they only detailed the outside. "Professional" detailers such as them can easily charge between 600 and 1000 dollars to do this kind of work. I guarantee they spent many hours on this car and a lot of time was probably spent inspecting it before they started.

·
Premium Member
2011 Impreza WRX
565 Posts
It usually depends because it looks as they only detailed the outside. "Professional" detailers such as them can easily charge between 600 and 1000 dollars to do this kind of work. I guarantee they spent many hours on this car and a lot of time was probably spent inspecting it before they started.
whoa... I'm getting it done for ~$300 and I have A LOT of imperfections

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whoa... I'm getting it done for ~$300 and I have A LOT of imperfections
But it is all about the QUALITY of the products used and the SKILL of the person doing it...

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Sedan
1,238 Posts
getting a car that clean and corrected is not hard, just time consuming, a detail like that with paint correction would run between 300-450 depending on where it was done, also some detailers might prefer to wet sand the whole car instead of compounding, if that's the case it would 600-800, again depending on the detailer. but the main thing is the knowledge of a product and skill as mentioned above

crappy pics, but same results:

·
Better than you!
1997 LRSWRX, 1998 Lego GT
6,298 Posts
Wish there was a good detailer who was into Subies that lived closer to me. I know how to wash and wax. Lotta good that does me!

·
Registered
2008 AW STi
5,361 Posts
Almost looks as good as mine.

Anyway, $1800??!?!?! WOW! I used to manage the voted number 1 detail shop in Delaware and for a car that size with the imperfections shown, and assuming they only did the exterior and the engine... we charged $325... and yes the results were similar. The car looks amazing but for that kind of money, no thanks.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
the colour on that wrc is amazing.

the 22b detail was wow... the 50/50 pic was cool

·
AYVI Motorsports
White 98 Impreza/06WRX
440 Posts
wow thats just crazy the whole measuring the paint/scratch thickness and then using certain products is so intense. the finished product was definitely one of the most shiny looking car I've ever seen!

·
Registered
3 Posts
damn that 22b looks good. i am really good at detailing and cutting and buffing and all that fun stuff. i have been told that i am really good but i'm not quite to the point that the guys that did that 22b are.

·
Registered
98 Impreza 3.4L Turbo
3,294 Posts
Finally some decent 22B pics to give to the guy who's doing my sheetmetal work :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts