Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000, 2.5 RS, SRP
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 1995 impreza L 2.2L, 2dr, Nasty Forest Green(painting it soon), Automatic, manual everything. I am now looking for a full rs body kit to put on it, along with the hood scoop. Can anyone guide me to where I can purchase these parts, and not too expensive, im not cheap, I just dont want to pay 3000 for all of this. I live in Denver, Colorado. Also any ideas on the engine/interior and what I can do after I puchase my body kit. I am very new to all this. I just became a member, and it seems like everyone here knows there shit! Thx everyone for your help. I will add pics of car soon, and progress of conversion. :bitehard:

·
Registered
'95 1.8 L wagon
50 Posts
i'm in a similar boat as you. i just bought a forest green wagon, '95 5 speed with manual windows, etc. i'm also in denver. i am gonna try some pull-n saves for new hood and front bumper (its a long shot) but i also got a few friends in the auto body field looking into the same things new. i'll keep you updated if i find anything out and do the same for me.
and from one newbie to another, welcome.
james

·
Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
399 Posts
I would keep an eye on the classifieds. Welcome to the club guys.

·
Registered
97, Impreza L
910 Posts
I'd say just go ahead and get the front bumper and the from the dealer. After shipping a used one it will end up costing the same anyway. BUT, know that the hood from the dealer doesn't come with a scoop or vents (keep an eye on the classifieds for those).

·
Premium Member
91 LSi w/EJ22T
1,125 Posts
Just keep an eye out in the classifieds, theres usually some good deals there. As for engine and interior it depends on what you want to do with the car and what kind of budget your on.

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Yeeah, check the classifieds and sometimes NASIOC's classifieds. But mostly, you'll find 93-01 specific parts here.

And welcome, from a fellow 2.2 owner. Check out my member journal for some ideas. Good luck!

·
Registered
2000, 2.5 RS, SRP
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd say just go ahead and get the front bumper and the from the dealer. After shipping a used one it will end up costing the same anyway. BUT, know that the hood from the dealer doesn't come with a scoop or vents (keep an eye on the classifieds for those).
I went to the dealer yesterday, and asked them if they did this, and they said ya, but they wouldnt give me any info. About how much did it cost you zeimet? And where were you able to find you hood with vents and scoops. I will definetly get the exterior parts from the dealer, then the hood, then i will get it painted all blu.

·
Registered
2000, 2.5 RS, SRP
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also Zeimet, what version or style of body kit do you have, thats the look I was going for, but not keep the color green (thats the actual color of my L).

·
Registered
2000, 2.5 RS, SRP
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm in a similar boat as you. i just bought a forest green wagon, '95 5 speed with manual windows, etc. i'm also in denver. i am gonna try some pull-n saves for new hood and front bumper (its a long shot) but i also got a few friends in the auto body field looking into the same things new. i'll keep you updated if i find anything out and do the same for me.
and from one newbie to another, welcome.
james
Hey Redking, I went to the subaru dealer ship on Arapahoe RD and ordered this!

V5/6 Rs spoiler kit
V5/6 Rs Side Skirts
V5/6 Rs Rear bumper
V5/6 Rs Front Bumper

For all this, it was just under 600 dollars, I looked online and all this plus shipping at various online sites was 800 to 1000 dollars. and thats not including instalation. So Ill be spending less!!!:sunny:. Thx to Zeimet. The only thing i need to get is the hood. So ill be looking else where. I will need to ask the dealer how much they will charge for that. im thinking around 2 to 3 hundred. Then after this I will get it all painted silver, then start the swap.

·
Registered
'95 1.8 L wagon
50 Posts
thanks for the info. i am trying to budget the hood/front bumper in pretty soon after my timing belt and a few other small things. are you just gonna cut down your front beam or buy a new one? keep us updated on the swap. i know many people have down how-tos but it is always good to see more. and if you need an extra hand i might be able to get over there and help if you are doing these yourself.
james

·
Registered
03 WRX Wagon
1,001 Posts
when i had my l i did a rattle can flat white, V3 sti aluminum hood, fn01rc wheels and springs. LOOKED BADASS.

·
Registered
2000, 2.5 RS, SRP
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Purchased new car, go to my new memebres page, you can view it by hitting my name then checking all threads started by me. I will be doing a wrx swap, as soon as I get the money. Thx for looking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts