Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...Here's the deal.
I really like the V5 spoiler, but It looks like one of those big stupid spoilers that idiots put on their Honda civics and pontiac sunfires.

I'm originally a VW guy, then I was a trader(as my friends say) and got an RS, so I like subtle things, which the V5 spoiler is not.

The problem with me getting the V5 spoiler is that only Subaru people know its OK to have that wing. All the other types of car owners are like"Look at that big retarted spoiler"

I would keep the stock one, but I'm sick of it. Plus it looks like something that a kid would put on a hooked up Geo.
Please give your thoughts.
Also, are there other spoiler that are a little smaller?
If so post pics please...

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
you should probably go for a smaller wing. perhaps the sedan wing or maybe a spoiler. or for a change, you could go wingless :)
it'll give you the lowkey stealth look

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmmm....

Yeah, I was thinking maybe try the no spoiler look. I'm probably gonna take it off tomorrow to see how it looks. Thanks for the info though.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
The V5 wing is nice but big; it's not really my style. I kind of felt the same way about the Prodrive wing, until I drove behind my friend's car that has one. It looks really nice; the "pedestals" are basically slanted at the same angle the rear window slants; it's beautiful! It would probably help to see it for yourself, or at least see a pic. I have actually been thinking about getting one, but it'll be awhile. As for going low-profile, you could get a sedan wing; they look good as well. Storm has one on his coupe, and it looks damn good! Last, the Impreza looks naked with no spoiler, if you ask me, but to each their own!:D

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i used to like the ver. 5 spoiler. then one day i notice it is pretty big. as for now, the ver. 2 spoiler looks pretty damn good. not too big, not too small.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I really like the Bomex spoiler. I like spoilers that lay down flat because they don't have that "added on as an afterthought" look. the older RA's didn't come with a wing. The newer GC8 RA's didn't even have rear spats!

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Look for an RB5 replica. Its the same shape as the larger V5 (and larger still) V6 but its much shorter.

·
Registered
392 Posts
RB5 is the way to go.. you can actually get a real one for the price of some of the replica's out there.. about 550-600.. so it's a decent deal for real prodrive shit.

bomex looks good but makes me think of a old cavalier :run:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts