Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I have enough money to either get STI V5 struts, Kyb Agx's or a Subaru 4pot front brake upgrade. What would be more practical? If it was between the struts, which should i go for? the KYB's or the STI's? Or just the get the brake kit?

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Struts and springs or just struts? I would probably get the struts first since you can get by with the brakes and a pad upgrade.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Get the KYB AGX struts, they have a lifetime warranty. When they leak you get a new pair. Can’t go wrong with that. If you do the brakes before you do the struts and springs your car will be diving all over the place when you drive it like it should be driven.

·
Registered
392 Posts
yeah i gotta agree with tall j, i have the 4 pots and ss lines. I went driving the other week and was doing a good speed coming down to a 90* right hander so i down shift and start braking a bit late the terrain is level but the nose of the car scraped against the ground with all the dive i got. I'm thinking of doing struts and springs or going with a ALK first. can't make up my mind though.. :stinky:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts